Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SMF Integration

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
Hello,

I've looked at different forums in the past but the big ones require that you build your site around the fourm and this isn't something I want to do so I'm reading through SMF documentation at the moment.

Here's a question for those of you who have done a SMF integration.

Basically, does SMF's session management take over CodeIgniters session management? I don't want to have to learn the way SMF stores permissions, etc. I'd prefer to manage sessions via CI which I know well. Do I need to use SMFs user table?

I'm a bit confused as to which you integrate with which to be honest. If anyone could clear it up a bit I'd would be grateful.

The whole aim I'm looking for is instead of having to code a forum module myself just use SMF. I need the user tables to be the same. When the user logs in to my app they also log in to SMF, etc. The current system I have where the user needs to sign up to my app, then again to the forum just doesn't work.

Thanks.

P.s. I'm not looking for someone to code the integration, just to answer the questions and clear things up. If it sounds easy enough and works the way I need it them I'll go ahead and try to code in the hooks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB