Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 1.4a (24th July 2008)

[eluser]Jason McIntosh[/eluser]
[quote author="yatil" date="1217639120"]So is there a method to get the current user id or screen name?[/quote]
If you look at
Code:
$this->session->userdata['id']
it should be the logged in user id.

[eluser]yatil[/eluser]
[quote author="Jason McIntosh" date="1217894188"][quote author="yatil" date="1217639120"]So is there a method to get the current user id or screen name?[/quote]
If you look at
Code:
$this->session->userdata['id']
it should be the logged in user id.[/quote]

Yeah, got that just after Popcorns answer. This seems to be just too obvious for me in this new framework, so I overlooked it Smile

[eluser]Temple[/eluser]
I searched for this but didn't find anything on it. For those of you who are having trouble using Gmail SMTP for emails using Redux Auth because of this error:
Code:
The following SMTP error was encountered: 530-5.5.1 Authentication Required.

There is a simple fix!

Simply add the following line into your redux_auth.php config file:

Code:
$config['auth']['mail']['_smtp_auth'] = true;

That should make your Gmail SMTP work. This might be usless information, but I was having issues with it and I just solved them.

[eluser]Taff[/eluser]
Can anyone point me in the right direction, I am using redux auth and it is working very well!

I just uploaded my daily build including redux to our webspace and am getting an error. It works fine locally with php5 but the webspace we have currently uses php4.

This is the error I am getting:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in www-data/live/matching_ci/system/application/libraries/redux_auth.php on line 47

Line 47 looks like this:

public function register ($username, $password, $email, $question, $answer)

which looks ok, so I presume it has something to do with the constructor:

Code:
function __construct()
        {
            $this->ci =& get_instance();

$this->ci->config->load('redux_auth');
            $auth = $this->ci->config->item('auth');

foreach($auth as $key => $value)
            {
                $this->$key = $value;
            }

$this->ci->email->initialize($this->mail);
        }

Is there anyway I can convert this to support both PHP versions?

Thanks from a newbie for any pointers!
Taff

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Thanks Jayson, it was so obvious I've forgotten about that too.

Temple : Is this a bug or a personal preference? Either way I'll look into it and get back to you.

Taff, it could be converted to PHP, but I'm not planning to do that because as PHP 6 is coming PHP 4 is going to be long gone and I don't think it would be worth converting, having said that. If you do plan to convert it yourself you'll need to use the class name to replace __construct and also remove the "public" and "protected" in front of the function names.

[Edit] I'll also consider the SVN option as mentioned so you can get the updates quicker.

[eluser]little brittle[/eluser]
Dumb question, but under the documentation for the installation process, it says to change this setting in the config file: '$config['encryption_key'] = "";'. Does that mean we should insert a custom encryption key or leave the key blank?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Generate your own key and put it in there.

Kind Regards,
-Mathew Davies.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Hi Spazsquatch,

It will be put into the next version, I'm just updating some other areas of the library at the moment and I'm in the process of setting up a trac system so I can keep an official log of all the changes.

[eluser]little brittle[/eluser]
For some reason, html email isn't working during registration. I can receive the registration email if I change the mailtype to "text", but nothing arrives if it is html. I set the auth controller up so it echos "success" if it mails without errors, and it echos "success" even though it isn't being sent.

One thing that might be causing it is that I had to change the newline format to "\r\n" in my email config file. I've tried adding it in the redux config file, but nothing changes. Any ideas on how to make this work?

[eluser]mcrafal[/eluser]
The same. Cannot use email class when redux autoloaded.
The error from email_debuger:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: mail() [function.mail]: Bad parameters to mail() function, mail not sent.
Filename: libraries/Email.php
Line Number: 1428

Any ideas? (CI 1.6.3, Redux 1.4)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB