Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 1.4a (24th July 2008)

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
No, sorry.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
please more info on how to use this lib would be very helpful.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
^ Can you be more specific? I've documented the code as much as possible with examples. If you're having trouble with something I'd be glad to help. Smile

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
I have it working. Before this I was using SimpleLogin. I like this one alot more, due to the fact that it employs the dohash twice over with a salt. It's another layer of security and I want to thank you for that.

[eluser]kirilisa[/eluser]
I actually have a couple of questions regarding this library (good job by the way).

First & most important, why do you have it set up so that the library calls/passes through to the model and not the other way round? I'm actually not that used to the distinction between library and model (when I've designed my own simple frameworks I've just had controller, view and a model/API which serves as both model & library) but I was under the impression that a Library is necessarily more generic than a model.

e.g. a Validation library would be called/used from many different models, for instance from a User model and a Customer model which both need to access the Validation methods but are in themselves specific models. In that example my controller would be instantiating instances of my Customer and User models, and those in themselves would create an instance of the Validation library when necessary.

You seem to have it the other way round, where the methods in the Auth library are accessing/passing through to the Auth model. This confused me for a bit and I was just wondering why you chose to do it this way (maybe my understanding of models/libraries is incorrect?).

Second, why did you choose to write your own db->set() method instead of using CI's Active record? I mean, I know that both your set() and insert() methods are passed straight into CI's Active Record, but whereas I can see why you created the insert() (so that it would return true/false for a *single* insert in one call), I don't understand how your set() is functionally any different from CI's set() (aside from reversing the order of arguments).

Thanks!

[eluser]frenzal[/eluser]
Can a user be part of multiple groups?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
kirilisa : This is how I've understood the use of models within CodeIgniter and haven't looked at using them another way.

frenzal : No, not yet.

To everyone else. I will be working on an update which will include an installer script which will handle the set up of the tables and configuration variables for you. I will also finish adding by adding the forgotten password feature which was discarded in the last version to meet the deadline.

Ps : To anyone who has been using this in their projects, I'd love to hear your comments and criticism. So far I've not had much bad feedback so I assume I'm doing a good job so far? Tongue

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
[quote author="Popcorn" date="1208028543"]...so I assume I'm doing a good job so far? Tongue[/quote]

you are a super hero! :-)

an example controller would be nice! a simple one would be sufficient!

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
I will include an example for the next release.

[eluser]ngkong[/eluser]
how to download?

http://www.leveldesign.info/auth_lib/ prompting username & password

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB