Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CMS Assets >> Add New File - No Longer Upload Files

Hello,

I transferred a client's website to a new server.  In the test server environment which I used before attempting to do this, I did not have this issue.  I used a test server since I had no experience with CI before now.  Not a programmer, but knows enough to be dangerous.

On the new server, I am not getting any database connectivity related errors, so I think it is communicating with the database.  It appears the navigation is working and all the pages are accessible.  If I should further check database connectivity, please let me know.  If I need to check this, and there is a way to check database connectivity, please let me know.  Again the site appears to be working.  

[I have a thumbnail image not showing issue, but I will try to resolve this myself or ask another question.]

Back to the problem.  
In the admin-panel >> cms assets >> add new file the file appears to upload completely and the PDF icon appears, but when I select back to listing the file is not there.  I go into the server control panel and the file is not there.  I check the Assets table in MySQL and there is no reference to it.

I check the folder permissions for uploads > attachments and both are set to 755.  The other files in the folder have 644 permissions.  [These were files uploaded while on the old server.

I do not see any errors in the admin-panel in any of the screens.

I am able to create new menu items and test ok on the site.  I also have Board of Directors section in the admin-panel and I can create a new board member, upload their picture and their profile and it works [except for the thumbnail image] as intended on the website.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem(s) causing this issues.

Thank you!

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 10:57 AM by ivantcholakov. Edit Reason: a typo )

You need to debug, but as a start, for gathering more information you can activate the CodeIgniter's logging, to make some tests and to see what errors are recorded. Activate it at level 1 (error messages, including PHP errors).

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/b...g.php#L216

How big is the file? Check upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

(06-02-2016, 10:57 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: You need to debug, but as a start, for gathering more information you can activate the CodeIgniter's logging, to make some tests and to see what errors are recorded. Activate it at level 1 (error messages, including PHP errors).

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/b...g.php#L216

Ivantcholakov,

Thank you for your help.  Per your instructions, I activated error logging.

I tried to up load a PDF file and it generated a lot of errors.  I don't really understand the reason this is happening.  I used the same server as my test account the test account worked perfectly.

About the file size, my PDF test file is 73kb.

Any insight into the cause and resolution would be appreciated.

Attached Files
.php   log-2016-06-03.php (Size: 9.05 KB / Downloads: 50)

(06-02-2016, 12:29 PM)Paradinight Wrote: How big is the file? Check upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

It is a PDF at 73kb.

FYI: Current PHP version:  native (5.5)

Start dealing with the errors one by one.

First, change the database driver to mysqli

Then check all the 'Undefined variable', 'Undefined index' and 'Undefined offset' errors, why do they appear. These errors indicate to me poor code quality.

When all this noise gets removed you can try to see what to do about the concrete problem if it still persists.

At the end test all the pages, the system should not generate any error at level 1.

For the concrete problem post the code fragment that does the upload. And what CodeIgniter version is yours.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 04:34 AM by UTXinc. Edit Reason: wording )

(06-03-2016, 12:41 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: For the concrete problem post the code fragment that does the upload. And what CodeIgniter version is yours.

I Google how to find the CI version, so I am hoping that I am looking in the right place.  In the system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php file it appears as

// CI Version
define('CI_VERSION', '1.7.3');

if this is not the correct way to determine the CI version please let me know.

Thank you.

It is a quite old version. I am out of this talk.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB