Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
the best way to codeigniter website multi-language CMS implement

I'm researching hours and hours, but I could not find any clear, efficient way to make it :/

I have a codeigniter base website in English and I have to add a spainsh, portuguese language now. What is the best way to make my site in 3 language depending visitor selection?

all menu and footer and also content also translate when language change so which way is best for me.

Huh Huh Huh

Try Google Translate
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Have a look at this blog http://avenir.ro/create-cms-using-codeig...deigniter/

This is not an easy task. CI provides multi language support (like many CMS) but that is only halfway of what you need. Depending on your site there is far more content that needs to change then the few menu, header and footer messages. I have several Real Estate website where the client can add new categories but also new attributes depending of the area he is selling. For all those I have created my own language table and the client will have to add the translation for everything they add.

All strings in my code will always be pulled from the language table. In the code I just use a token and depending on the section of the user the function will return the text in the correct language.

I hope this helps a bit.
On the package it said needs Windows 7 or better. So I installed Linux.

(07-22-2016, 03:04 AM)salain Wrote: Have a look at this blog http://avenir.ro/create-cms-using-codeig...deigniter/

Great link BTW.

I love the way avenir writes :-)
Quote:“What in the hell is GOD MODE?”, you may ask (do you like the way I said hell and God in same sentence?…).

(07-21-2016, 11:14 PM)Jimit Wrote: I'm researching hours and hours, but I could not find any clear, efficient way to make it :/

I have a codeigniter base website in English and I have to add a spainsh, portuguese language now. What is the best way to make my site in 3 language depending visitor selection?

all menu and footer and also content also translate when language change so which way is best for me.

Huh Huh Huh

Hi,
try this demo www.iplaneta.cz/studiosd (CI3, bootstrap)
Pavel

thanks all guys

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB