Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ecommerce website in CI

(04-27-2017, 08:08 AM)marksman Wrote: @calcio, do you think all vendors of laravel follow PSR-1 and 2 standards? I don't think so.

You can follow PSR standards on CI depends on your structure, you don't have to touch system folder a lot. The point here is you know what is happening in your code and you have a freewill. I both use laravel and ci the only thing I hate about laravel is their stability they call their releases a stable release then a week later they will patch it for just a minimal changes. I hate dirty repo and I hate rebasing. Thats why.

@marksman, The Laravel core I think so bur external libraries I don't think so. But I disagree about follow PSR standards on CI.The manual is very clear about it. For example, you must follow this class News_model extends CI_Model. I Can't use NewsModel. If you use it in Controller they not normalize de URL except if you configure and create routes.

Other point is. Usually in CI you can't use many other features like namespaces, other designers patterns and etc. How to use Traits In CI? It's complicate. Is isn't?

I use CI yet unfortunately or not, but use other FW too. Bur my point is focused in fast development and organizations. Use CI like I said by default you do everything manually.
PHP is Life!!! See My Portfolio

(04-27-2017, 09:42 AM)calcio Wrote: Other point is. Usually in CI you can't use many other features like namespaces, other designers patterns and etc. How to use Traits In CI? It's complicate. Is isn't?

Namespaces? Maybe not so hard.

What other patterns do you have in mind?

(04-27-2017, 11:34 AM)dave friend Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 09:42 AM)calcio Wrote: Other point is. Usually in CI you can't use many other features like namespaces, other designers patterns and etc. How to use Traits In CI? It's complicate. Is isn't?

Namespaces? Maybe not so hard.

What other patterns do you have in mind?

Dude it not it seems to me, something from CI Core. It's an implementations. But I was referring about use it in a project. In your controller in application/controller use namespaces.

PHP Code:
<?php
namespace app\controllers;

use 
app\core\CI_Controller;

class 
Welcome extends CI_Controller {

public function 
index()
    {

$this->load->view('welcome_message');
    }

Its impossible...

About designer pattern anyone. Try to use Dependence Injection in your code. There are a library or any way to use it?

Like I said... "But if you have domain with CI and don't mind about the points related use CI."
And Like I said again... I still use CI, so I know all these problems.

There are many other problems, but I listed the most important (in my point of view). 

BTW...

I did not say CI is not for big projects (I've worked on a big project with CI, streaming audio from America Movil TELECOM). I just said it is more laborious and not so organized.
PHP is Life!!! See My Portfolio

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 01:24 PM by cartalot.)

(04-27-2017, 12:51 PM)calcio Wrote: I did not say CI is not for big projects

From your webpage that is linked in your footer:

Quote:Even CI (CodeIgniter) being a good framewok it is obsolet and does not follow the good practice and not follow the new features of PHP.

(04-27-2017, 09:42 AM)calcio Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 08:08 AM)marksman Wrote: @calcio, do you think all vendors of laravel follow PSR-1 and 2 standards? I don't think so.

You can follow PSR standards on CI depends on your structure, you don't have to touch system folder a lot. The point here is you know what is happening in your code and you have a freewill. I both use laravel and ci the only thing I hate about laravel is their stability they call their releases a stable release then a week later they will patch it for just a minimal changes. I hate dirty repo and I hate rebasing. Thats why.

@marksman, The Laravel core I think so bur external libraries I don't think so. But I disagree about follow PSR standards on CI.The manual is very clear about it. For example, you must follow this class News_model extends CI_Model. I Can't use NewsModel. If you use it in Controller they not normalize de URL except if you configure and create routes.

Other point is. Usually in CI you can't use many other features like namespaces, other designers patterns and etc. How to use Traits In CI? It's complicate. Is isn't?

I use CI yet unfortunately or not, but use other FW too. Bur my point is focused in fast development and organizations. Use CI like I said by default you do everything manually.

I think you have to learn more about CI Smile
God Bless CI Contributors Smile

(04-17-2017, 10:55 AM)neuron Wrote: Hi,

I am going to build e-commerce website. And I need some advice.

Website specs:
1. Multilingual
2. Many brands (stores)
3. Project is my own, so CMS is not mandatory.

Questions:
1. Which framework should I choose? 
Will Codeigniter will be enough  for it, or maybe there are e-commerce frameworks built on top of CI. 
or I should choose other framework such as Laravel
2. If there is, can u share seed project links.

Never needed to build a multilingual site in CI, however, I've worked with code that does.
I've worked on a multi-site educational tool (where different departments could create their own set of educational CBTs separate from other departments (each with their own login, etc, with a core base code in the backend)

The framework isn't nearly as important as your skills. The framework will just speed you along, it doesn't do the work for you. Having said that, CI is fine to complete the task. I believe some e-commerce frameworks exist for CI, I'd used one in the past, but since have just rolled my own - and - used Magento. Magento is a beast, it can do anything, but requires a lot of subject matter expertise to use.

I'm not a fan of Laravel - but I'm pretty sure it can also handle what you want to do. (hey, and with their template system you're FREE of having to type in <?php, gosh, that's a feature that, I'm sure, will make ALL of the difference in the project - as you type in @ instead, cause, yeah, <?php is just so hard... python wannabes....)

(05-17-2017, 06:36 AM)Kaosweaver Wrote: I'm not a fan of Laravel - but I'm pretty sure it can also handle what you want to do. (hey, and with their template system you're FREE of having to type in <?php, gosh, that's a feature that, I'm sure, will make ALL of the difference in the project - as you type in @ instead, cause, yeah, <?php is just so hard...  python wannabes....)

<?php echo 'LOL'; ?>

I recommend Processwire with Padloper shopping cart and a multi-language module for processwire.

Isn't asking if you can make an ecommerce website using CI like asking if you can make shelves using a saw?

You could make an ecommerce website using vanilla PHP if you wanted.  Everything else (in terms of frameworks) are just a means to an end to speed up the process.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB