Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Editable datatables
Exclamation 

Hello,

I'm back working with CI, Most of my time reading its documentation. I need a help with this editable datatables. I took a research in my problem and I found out libraries that can answer my problem. Im working with a project that mostly needs a tabular form and I'm using my favorite php framework. Here's what I need in a library:
  • Importing data from excel into datatable
  • Easily Implementation in CRUD
  • Can easily manage row data ( like adding its values )
  • Binding datatables into database (mysql)
  • Importantly Less implementation & FREE.
  • Full support with the communities ( can help with me in code snippets )
I found this three libraries and I'm looking forward to use one of them. JqxGrids, Datatables, Jeasyui. I need some advice/help with my project. Currently stock  with this tabular forms. At this moment Im with datatables but still I want to use JqxGrids, sadly I can't find any tutorials on its full implementation.

Thanks Smile

Those are all Javascript frameworks. This is probably not the best place to ask about them, as CodeIgniter is a *server-side* framework.

Lookup: Google search = CodeIgniter GroceryCRUD.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(05-29-2017, 07:27 PM)Junie Wrote: Hello,

I'm back working with CI, Most of my time reading its documentation. I need a help with this editable datatables. I took a research in my problem and I found out libraries that can answer my problem. Im working with a project that mostly needs a tabular form and I'm using my favorite php framework. Here's what I need in a library:
  • Importing data from excel into datatable
  • Easily Implementation in CRUD
  • Can easily manage row data ( like adding its values )
  • Binding datatables into database (mysql)
  • Importantly Less implementation & FREE.
  • Full support with the communities ( can help with me in code snippets )
I found this three libraries and I'm looking forward to use one of them. JqxGrids, Datatables, Jeasyui. I need some advice/help with my project. Currently stock  with this tabular forms. At this moment Im with datatables but still I want to use JqxGrids, sadly I can't find any tutorials on its full implementation.

Thanks Smile

Why dont you use DataTable which has been adapted in many applications and by developers.  I have been using it for years now and very happy with it.  It is free source and I think for the edit plugin you may just pay some small amount
but it is worthy to save your time!.  My project is on production and handling lots of tables and without DataTables, I am going nuts!

Good luck

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 01:21 AM by Junie.)

(05-30-2017, 09:47 AM)ciadvantage Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 07:27 PM)Junie Wrote: I've been studying datatables for now but the problem is the EDIT functionalities are not absolutely free. I don't have any small amount to pay for the extra features. That's why I'm also going to take an extra days to study JQWIDGETS which its free to use. I'm developing a none commercial project that's why I'm looking for free libraries. 

Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 10:56 PM by Corsari.)

Hello Junie

I'm in a similar situation

Datatables allows also server side (and that was obvious) facilities

This is an interesting series of tutorials about the implementation of
Codeigniter server side Datatables (with tacit AJAX instant updates)
http://mbahcoding.com/tutorial/php/codei...ample.html

Yes Datatables Editor is to be purchased but ... why not give a try to this :-)
Datatables Editor Alternative Free - Editor plugin free for Datatables - a.k.a. Datatables Editor Lite
http://kingkode.com/free-datatables-editor-alternative/
there they claims
For those developing small applications, this (the datatables original editor) license is pretty expensive for just using its simple editing functionality. So I have written a plugin for simple editing functionality of the Datatables Editor plugin using bootstrap modals, the Buttons extension, & the Select extension.

While this is Grocery CRUD Codeigniter
https://www.grocerycrud.com/documentatio...r-tutorial

but I can't help much more since I'm learning

P.S. It would be interesting to know if and how have you solved your needs Smile  , thank you

Robert

(06-21-2017, 10:39 PM)Corsari Wrote: Hello Junie

I'm in a similar situation

Datatables allows also server side (and that was obvious) facilities

This is an interesting series of tutorials about the implementation of
Codeigniter server side Datatables (with tacit AJAX instant updates)
http://mbahcoding.com/tutorial/php/codei...ample.html

Yes Datatables Editor is to be purchased but ... why not give a try to this :-)
Datatables Editor Alternative Free - Editor plugin free for Datatables - a.k.a. Datatables Editor Lite
there they claims
For those developing small applications, this (the datatables original editor) license is pretty expensive for just using its simple editing functionality. So I have written a plugin for simple editing functionality of the Datatables Editor plugin using bootstrap modals, the Buttons extension, & the Select extension.

While this is Grocery CRUD Codeigniter
https://www.grocerycrud.com/documentatio...r-tutorial

but I can't help much more since I'm learning

P.S. It would be interesting to know if and how have you solved your needs Smile  , thank you

Robert
Hello Sir,

Since I don't have enough money to purchase the editor plugin and also I really need that inline editing, I research and read to many libraries/plugins that I need. There's the JQWIDGETS that fit my needs but again I'm only a beginner and I look for tutorials and there are few and outdated. So upon my research I found out that there are more tutorials involving datatables involving CRUD operations so I upgrade their snippets. Instead by using buttons for the CRUD operations I used context menu with the help of iziModal. That's make my application elegant.

P.S: If you would like to use libraries be sure to get more support when you have questions. It would take time to study the JQWIDGETS for me. I want to finish my project as soon as possible.

(06-22-2017, 01:02 AM)Junie Wrote: It would take time to study the JQWIDGETS for me. I want to finish my project as soon as possible.

If only we could all enjoy the profits of our work without the need to study and learn new techniques which take away valuable building time

(06-22-2017, 03:10 AM)Martin7483 Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 01:02 AM)Junie Wrote: It would take time to study the JQWIDGETS for me. I want to finish my project as soon as possible.

If only we could all enjoy the profits of our work without the need to study and learn new techniques which take away valuable building time
Sir, 
Indeed, We really need to STUDY. There's no shortcut. We need to struggle firstSmile

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 10:47 PM by Corsari.)

Hello Junie

just one curiosity

have you checked what I have linked above? Read carefully

Quote:Datatables Editor Alternative Free - Editor plugin free for Datatables - a.k.a. Datatables Editor Lite
there they claims
For those developing small applications, this (the datatables original editor) license is pretty expensive for just using its simple editing functionality.
So I have written a plugin for simple editing functionality of the Datatables Editor plugin using bootstrap modals, the Buttons extension, & the Select extension.

Did you tried the demo? For your convenience, here you the link Datatables Editor Lite Free - demo (needless to be said: click on one line, the edit button will activate, click the Edit button or just click Add)

It acts pretty cool, exactly as expected and with modals

It has been by developed by a github user and it is free (as stated)

P.S. for an issue with their website, the source code must be downloaded from here
http://kingkode.com/datatables.editor.li...or.free.js

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB