Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
cakePHP vs codeIgniter

[eluser]pickledegg2[/eluser]
I think that the reason for CakePHPs lack of documentation, is largely due to the fact that there are a good range of Cake recipes out there already. Everybody seems to have jumped on the bandwagon: Mrs Beeton, Delia Smith, even Jamie Oliver has a mean chocolate one here.

As for it being less lean than Codeigniter, of course! think of the calorific content of your average cake. I might suggest on the Cake forums that the addition of a weightwatchers range may appeal to a wider audience to see if that helps.

webthink, I'll get back to you with the butter test findings, but I like your way of thinking.

[eluser]webthink[/eluser]
In the interest of fair comparison I decided to ask my girlfriend.

Me:
- In your opinion which would you say is better CodeIgniter or CakePHP
Her:
- The code-thing sounds boring but I like a bit of cake... Is it chocolate?
Me:
- It's PHP
Her:
- hmmm... well at least it's still cake.

So there you have it.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
:lol:
What flavour is PHP?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
PHP it sounds like a designer drug to me

[eluser]Sam Dark[/eluser]
PHP = Pepperroni and Hot Pepper

[eluser]dejitaru[/eluser]
Well.. last night (3/abr/08) I started using cakephp. I only wanted to create my first controller and took me a lot of time because cake forces you to use a cake naming convention in order to work.
Also you must to create a model for every controller even you use it or not. So it took me too much time at first, on the other hand it has more features than CI, but I still like Ci more because it's simplicity.

Its so simple and flexible, im using it in my class( i'm a teacher) and everybody is happy about it

[eluser]learnq[/eluser]
dejitaru can u create a video how to do it in cake and send them and me ...i failed to create any in cake but in CL i atleast hello world Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB