Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The upload path does not appear to be valid -> WAMPServer2

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm developing locally with WampServer2. I'm trying to upload stuff but I keep getting the error 'The upload path does not appear to be valid', while I'm pretty sure it IS valid.
Code:
$config['upload_path'] = 'F:/wamp/www/domein/temp/';
Is there something I might be missing? And how do you set permissions on local directories (is this needed?)?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
[quote author="codex" date="1207687362"]Hi,

I'm developing locally with WampServer2. I'm trying to upload stuff but I keep getting the error 'The upload path does not appear to be valid', while I'm pretty sure it IS valid.
Code:
Is there something I might be missing? And how do you set permissions on local directories (is this needed?)?[/quote]

Im Guessing your on Windows. But to set a directories write/read setting in windows you need to right click on the folder in question then click properties. then in here you chould be able to check if the folder is read only or not.

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
If you execute this code, what do you get?
Code:
var_dump(is_dir('F:/wamp/www/domein/temp/'));

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="WackyWebs.net" date="1207688988"][quote author="codex" date="1207687362"]Hi,

Code:
Is there something I might be missing? And how do you set permissions on local directories (is this needed?)?[/quote]

Im Guessing your on Windows. But to set a directories write/read setting in windows you need to right click on the folder in question then click properties. then in here you chould be able to check if the folder is read only or not.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I thought too, and did. But for some strange reason when I deactivate read-only, close the properties, open properties again, read-only is activated again. Weird.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="Seppo" date="1207689111"]If you execute this code, what do you get?
Code:
var_dump(is_dir('F:/wamp/www/domein/temp/'));
[/quote]

Then I get bool(true).

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
don't you have to use double slashes for windows?

Code:
$config['upload_path'] = 'F://wamp//www//domein//temp//';

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="GSV Sleeper Service" date="1207689306"]don't you have to use double slashes for windows?

Code:
[/quote]

I don't think so. Either way, I tried that but still nothing. :-(

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Quote:don’t you have to use double slashes for windows?

Code:
Not normally

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
And what are you getting after
Code:
echo realpath('F:/wamp/www/domein/temp/');
?

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="Seppo" date="1207689531"]And what are you getting after
Code:
echo realpath('F:/wamp/www/domein/temp/');