• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IgnitedCMS Pro

Yes
Session issue has been fixed after updating the CI to latest version)

Just attempted an install. Wouldn't let me install with an existing database even though it was empty (would be a problem for a lot of people on shared hosts and makes the table prefix kind of redundant because it would take up all of the database) and after running the installer fully, I attempted to log in and couldn't. Didn't create the admin user at all in the database and I even attempted it twice.

Thanks for the interest. I'm working on a more robust installer and better documentation. It still isn't officially live but still a WIP.

I'll keep you updated when I'm satisfied with the changes. Yes I do think it is a good idea to use an existing database but currently it is not supported. So if you try to do a manual install or edit any files it will inevitably fail. Also, this won't work with the latest PHP versions, but this is being looked into.

Thanks.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon

Some considerations to be made for improvement / my end.

- Work on a fully functional and intuitive matrix /block builder (that ties in with vuejs for supporting rich text boxes (I really like tiptap ATM)
https://tiptap.scrumpy.io/
-Improve site landing page, with much better documentation codeigniter style
-Improve dashboard UX and userability, not happy with asset attachment and rich text editing.
-Would really like a live preview option (I think this is more than possible with how vuejs and its reactive usage works)
-Really need to enhance the install process. I think a lot of people are attempting to manually add the database and set their own config file. This should be an option at the very least. When I port it to CI4 this should fix a lot of the issues.
-Would be useful to have a starter theme so people can quickly figure out 'how the engine works.'

Still a lot to do, busy with other projects but thankfully I can keep working on this here and there.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew