Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database query order

Hello,

I have the following code:
Code:
<?php echo $this->template->shortcode('pages', array('template' => 'default', 'id' => '45', 'limit' => '3')) ?>
Which showing 3 of publications from my pages table. But I need to show the newest 3 publications so can I order them by date and how can I do this in the code above?

And one more this, what exactly means $this->template->shortcode

Cheers!

That's not part of CodeIgniter, you can try to find the function by searching for "function shortcode" and see what parameters it accepts.

@chrisco,

Also, we need more information/code. The code that you displayed is it in a view? If so, what controller is calling the view? Has this code worked before? Are you seeing error messages? What version of CI are you using?

(10-20-2019, 06:21 AM)jreklund Wrote: That's not part of CodeIgniter, you can try to find the function by searching for "function shortcode" and see what parameters it accepts.

Hello jreklund, I found the function
Code:
function shortcode($path = 'pages'){
        $this->load->helper('file');

$data = [
            //['id' => '', 'text' => '-- Default --'],
        ];
        $layout_files = get_dir_file_info(APPPATH . '/views/shortcodes/'.$path.'/', FALSE);

if (is_array($layout_files))
        {
            sort($layout_files);
            foreach($layout_files as $key => $file_info)
            {
                $pathinfo = pathinfo($file_info['name']);
                if($pathinfo['extension'] == 'php' && $pathinfo['filename'] != 'default'){
                    $data[] = ['id' => $pathinfo['filename'], 'text' => $pathinfo['filename']];
                }
            }
        }
        header('Content-Type:application/json; charset=utf-8');
        exit(json_encode($data));
    }

(10-20-2019, 06:43 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @chrisco,

Also, we need more information/code.  The code that you displayed is it in a view?  If so, what controller is calling the view?  Has this code worked before?  Are you seeing error messages?  What version of CI are you using?

Hi php_rocs,
Yes, the code that I displayed is in the view, how can I found out which controller is calling the view? The code is working, but I need it to display the newest 3 publications and not just the first 3 publications in a database like it is now. 
CI version is 3.1.10

Cheers!

@chrisco,

Simply do a search in your code to find "view('THE_NAME_OF_THE_VIEW_FILE')" where THE_NAME_OF_THE_VIEW_FILE is the name of the view file without the .php suffix. So for example if the view name is header.php then the statement to search for would be... "view('header')".

@chrisco,

Do you have any more function by that name? As it dosen't have a second parameter.

(10-20-2019, 10:15 AM)jreklund Wrote: @chrisco,

Do you have any more function by that name? As it dosen't have a second parameter.

Yep I found this in Template.php in the libraries folder
Code:
function shortcode($model, $data = array()){
        $model = "{$model}_model";
        $this->CI->load->model($model);
        $c = $this->CI->$model->run($data);
        return $c;
    }

Okey, that means you should look in the "run" function inside Pages_model (possible in application/models).

(10-21-2019, 10:47 AM)jreklund Wrote: Okey, that means you should look in the "run" function inside Pages_model (possible in application/models).

This is what I did yesterday and fix my problem by adding this to run function:

Code:
public function run($params = array())
    {
        //-----run function code above------------

if(!empty($params['order'])){
            $this->db->order_by($params['order'], 'DESC');
        }
    }

and append "order" param in my view to order them by date

Code:
$this->template->shortcode('pages', array('template' => 'default', 'id' => '45', 'order' => 'date', 'limit' => '3'))

Thanks for your help!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB