Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Which Operating System do CI developers use?

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
I use Win XP (Swedish Media Center edition, it sucks, I want a pure english version, not a sloppy-half-done translation) (modded, it now looks almost like Mac OS X Tongue) and a virtualized Ubuntu install (for debugging with Kachegrind and other things).
Are going to buy a mac within a year or so.

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Design and Dev: Windows Vista and XP
Server: WAMP (testing), LAMP (production)

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
I can't do without my mac Smile

I don't think I could ever bring myself to go back to a PC.

[eluser]mironcho[/eluser]
Linux for everything.

[eluser]wolfman2000[/eluser]
Primarily on Leopard for me as well. I only use Windows when I must.

[eluser]BorisK[/eluser]
Laptop: Mac OS X
Phone: Mac OS X Smile
Servers: CentOS and RHEL

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
[quote author="Elliot Haughin" date="1208633998"]I can't do without my mac Smile

I don't think I could ever bring myself to go back to a PC.[/quote]

That is until you need a replacement part for a Mac, but have very shallow pockets...

Given that CI is platform independent, shouldn't the question be "what IDE do you use?"? Wink

(sorry, I just don't see the correlation).

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
I think most of us use several setups.
I do my primary coding using windows, my testing using a linux setup and the finally my work is uploaded to a linux server.

If your work requires HTML to be output, it's often wise to test it on just about every browser you can on every platform, and many developers do. I would if I could, but I don't work due to disability, so money is always scarce.

I wish they could just make a browser that combined all popular browsers into one as "views". That way you can use one browser, and switch between tabs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB