Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need Help to integrate Codeigniter and Extjs

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Friends,

I developed a Dynamic Taxonomy System using ExtJS . Now i want to port all Code to code igniter.

I have used Tree panel class in which on any even raised Ajax call is fired with a .php file which process at server side handles database processing.

For that i created a controller and view functions to handle this but its not working.

Help me how to integrate Extjs with Codeigniter.

There are just one topic avliable on this forum which does not contain more info or working example in detail.

Email me , Pm me or ping on [email protected], nileshgund@yahoo.com or [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
I have used Ext JS tree component and I've got a working result: MPTtree Admin.
It is not finished, and I can't claim to have programmed the best JavaScript out there, but it works.

[eluser]Crafter[/eluser]
Hi nileshgund

There are (at least) two approaches you could use to integrate ExtJS and Code Igniter.
- Write your front-end and Code Ignter portions separately
- Write all your code in Code Igniter and create wrappers to the ExtJS widgets.

After many painful attempts, I have adopted the first approach.

Using the first approach, I easily create the backend code to submit the interface to ExtJS using JSON. I have written my own code generator (see my signature), so once I have my database designed, it takes me about two minutes to create the backend code.

Then the rest of my time is spend developing the ExtJS code. Since I had a inborn hatred for JavsScript, it has not helped me to learn ExtJS quickly, but I'm getting there.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB