Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Global view variables

If I'm not mistaken in CodeIgniter 4 there was a method for setting variables to be available to all views.  Is it possible to do the same in CI4? An example of what I want to achieve is:
I have a logged in user name stored in a variable. I want to have it available for all header views in every method which uses the view in Dashboard controller. I guess I could just call session() in my view and pull data from there, but that's not the best way to use views, I guess. I'd rather pull the data from session somewhere once and assign it to a globally-available-for-views variable instead.
As things stand I'm passing my variables to my header view every time the view is needed in Dashboard, which results in a lot of repeated coded in controllers.
Any help on this appreciated Wink.

@forumz.

This post is the way I manage Global variables:

https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-795...#pid387986

Is there a way to pass a variable to a template once for all the routeable methods in a controller? I'm pretty sure there was in CI3 and I also had one in Kohana. Just can't find anything in CI4 documentation for Views. I guess,since templates are just views, this can be done in the controller's __construct method by passing an array of data to the template. But, is there any better way?

Create the view render and then you can use setData.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB