Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Recommend books about php framework development

Could you recommend books about php framework development? I believe this can help everyone to contribute to ci.

I haven't read any specific for developing PHP frameworks. The only one I know was by Sebastion Bergman (creator of Symfony) that was more about testing than it was building the framework.

Any book on design patterns in PHP would be helpful. For the most part, though, if you're wanting to contribute, it's much like any other PHP application, except you have to think of things like "How can I solve this problem in a way that feels consistent with the rest of the framework", or "What's the most flexible for the developers", and similar questions.

(07-21-2021, 04:38 PM)kleber Wrote: Could you recommend books about php framework development? I believe this can help everyone to contribute to ci.

For you to contribute codes to CI4 you need to understand CI4, and this link can help https://leanpub.com/codeigniter4foundations

Here is the only thing that I could find but it deals with a CMS Framework.
PHP 5 CMS Framework Development - 2nd Edition

2021 Top 10 Framework.
The Most Popular PHP Frameworks to Use in 2021
CodeIgniter was the second fastest framework they tested.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Thank you all.

hi @kleber some of the best PHP books are:

1: Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript: With jQuery, CSS & HTML5
2: Headfirst PHP & MySQL
3: PHP and MySQL Web Development
4: Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices

and there are many good PHP books available on the internet you can check and buy them, i suggest you to first learn basics from the videos, there are many videos available on the YouTube you can check, hope these videos will help you and some of the php frameworks are:

1: Laravel
2: Codelgniter
3: Symfony
4: Phalcon
5: Cake PHP
6: Yii

and many more PHP frameworks are available, hope this will help you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB