Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Visual Studio Code cannot detect CI4 functions

Hello and good day! Can someone help me how can I get intellisense to work completely for CI4? Like this method for request object, it doesn't get detected.

[Image: f8I91W6.png]

I have the following extensions:

[Image: Foep7r6.png]

Note: Only the intellisense is not working for CI4 only, not for the others like PHP, CSS, HTML.

Hi, I am using VS Code. `$this->request` is typehinted to the RequestInterface while `getPost()` is a method from the `IncomingRequest` class, an implementing class of the RequestInterface. There exists a discrepancy of calling a method not defined in the interface but on the concrete class. For now, we can do nothing on it solidly. I suggest you ignore those red lines for now, at least.

phpStorm does the same thing, only thing to do is like @paulbalandan mentioned.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

PHP Intellisense for CodeIgniter developer has an alert on the extension page in VS Code:
This extension is developed for codeigniter framework 3.X (Don't support CI 4.X).

VS Code still no have CI4 system functions autocomplete? How about add official QoL extension update for CI4?
It's hard to write code in 2023 without autocompelete popup help info in line, need keep in mind a loot things or alt+tab to browser + open codeigniter docs, forum and search in web, like u write not in IDE, but in Notepad with color theme)

Visual Studio Code Version: 1.79.2
PHP Intelephense v1.9.5

[Image: 2023-06-26-8-18-48.png]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB