Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hosting: Where and Why?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Okay -I retract my mention of Eleven2. I put in a simple request with them to change some of my CNAME and MX records so I could continue to use Google Apps (since their CPanel won't let me). That ticket was placed hours and hours ago, and I've attempted to contact the 24/7 support via AIM.

Eleven2 sucks... how they ruined this relationship within a matter of hours I'll never know.

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
I quite like 127.0.0.1, they're always up whenever I try, and the latency is almost zero Wink

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
@MIchael:

That's why I keep hosting and DNS wide apart. Eggs, basket and so on.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
MichaelWales : www.asmallorange.com Been with them for years, all tickets answered within the hour Smile

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
@popcorn
Glad to hear it - before I saw this message I signed up w/ them for a year. Smile I've always wanted to give them a try but the opportunity never came around. For the price and the features (one of the few hosts that supports my love of PHP, Ruby, and Python) plus no arbitrary limitations (I hate arbitrary limitations).

I'm going to go ahead and say I vouch for asmallorange - the price is great, the features are great, I've never heard anything but good about them, plus - they got my MX and CNAME records taken care of in about 10 minutes.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]

A company I know well is now using http://wiredtree.com/, it's their fifth service provider in about twelve years.

The software design and maintenance company realise that they are just the "piggy in the middle", trying to supply a service to their customers and most importantly, the customers think and act only on the results of the last job.

There are an abundance of competing companies available, all with promises they hope to fulfill but each company relys upon competetent but not infallible personnel.

@michael,
Best of luck with your choice and hope the company fulfil their promises.

edit: missed the not before infallible

[eluser]Matthew Lanham[/eluser]
We have used tons of hosting companies, it all boils down to budget and support, we now host with Rackspace, which costs us a fortune, but the support is outstanding, and we can pass this on to our clients...

[eluser]chandlerou[/eluser]
Added the newley mention hosts. I'll definitley be researching these guys to see what works for me! Thanks All!

[eluser]Matthew Lanham[/eluser]
Although their support is not always 100%, their prices and offering are very good...add UK2 http://www.uk2.net

[eluser]Spasms[/eluser]
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned HyTekHosting. I've been with them for a couple years now and have never had any problems. They have great customer support and great rates, especially if you are a SomethingAwful goon.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB