[eluser]chandlerou[/eluser]
Anyone have any experience with:
Host Gator - http://www.hostgator.com/
??????????????????????????

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="chandlerou" date="1212574541"]Anyone have any experience with:
Host Gator - http://www.hostgator.com/
??????????????????????????[/quote]

Yes, bad, too many web sites per server...

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
after a bit of researching,comparing and pinging, I understood: for uk, the best one is: www.unitedhosting.co.uk and for usa its www.asmallorange.com

both of them were the fastest to reply on ping requests, example:
unitedhosting returned min 10 and max 12 ms ping (I live in london, minimum I had before with other hostings was 23)
asmallorange returned min 96 and max 98, us based hosting-wise, I never had lower than 114(hostgator comes back just a bit over 114)

[eluser]dfau[/eluser]
I host a few CI sites on eApps. VPS, full root, CentOS, unlimited domains, easy control panel (with fallback to shell if required), fairly cheap, lots of additions if you want them. Support PHP4 and 5, ROR, Java, Python, MySQL, Postgres etc.

Changing up and down plans is quick and easy, all handled through the control panel.

Been with them for about 18 months. Only problem I've ever had with them is a name server issue, fixed after a bit of back and forth with their support. Definitely recommend them.

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
it would help to answer better if you give a range on how much you want to spend...

I was with ASO for a year and their support is GREAT, never had to wait more than 25mn for an answer... My site was going down pretty often but I only know because I monitor it 24/7... For $5/m it's hard to beat.

But I moved to ServInt VPS because it's becoming a headache to have clients site all over the place, so by offering hosting I'm slowly working towards consolidating all site administration in one place + you can recoup the costs pretty fast if you host even only 4 or 5 clients... And being able to install anything you want yourself, pick your Apache and PHP version, change your default SSH port, etc... you can really customize your server to your needs and make it fast and secure... but then again, that' *my* idea of fun... maybe not yours Wink

That'll cost you $50/m and up...

[eluser]minimal design[/eluser]
[quote author="daulex" date="1212578450"]after a bit of researching,comparing and pinging, I understood: for uk, the best one is: www.unitedhosting.co.uk and for usa its www.asmallorange.com

unitedhosting returned min 10 and max 12 ms ping (I live in london, minimum I had before with other hostings was 23)
asmallorange returned min 96 and max 98, us based hosting-wise, I never had lower than 114(hostgator comes back just a bit over 114)[/quote]

What did you ping though? Not the main site I assume... did you do some reverse IP lookup or something? I'm asking because while hosting on ASO, I never got 98 ms - more like 250 ms average.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="minimal design" date="1212609729"][quote author="daulex" date="1212578450"]after a bit of researching,comparing and pinging, I understood: for uk, the best one is: www.unitedhosting.co.uk and for usa its www.asmallorange.com

asmallorange returned min 96 and max 98, us based hosting-wise, I never had lower than 114(hostgator comes back just a bit over 114)[/quote]

What did you ping though? Not the main site I assume... did you do some reverse IP lookup or something? I'm asking because while hosting on ASO, I never got 98 ms - more like 250 ms average.[/quote]

http://status.asmallorange.com/ they have the ip`s there Smile my maximum amongst all the servers was 120, most of them under 98.

[eluser]dare[/eluser]
I am using the services of Derive Host . If you're looking for standard disk space like 2GB - 4GB with fairly enough traffic like 40GB - 50GB you better try on their free one month trial.

Good luck

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
A small discount for anyone going to A Small Orange :

15offaso - 15% off order
5offaso - $5 off order

The support forum is for "complaining" so don't be too disheartend if you see a lot of trouble, it's a support forum after all Wink

Glad you're enjoying them Michael, the support is really outstanding. Also, did anyone notice the servers are named after "Lost" characters Tongue

Another host I will recommend are SliceHost - The greatest VPS solution available.

Shared : ASO
VPS : Slice Host

I've not managed to get to the dedicated level yet Wink

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="dare" date="1212672733"]I am using the services of Derive Host . If you're looking for standard disk space like 2GB - 4GB with fairly enough traffic like 40GB - 50GB you better try on their free one month trial.

Good luck[/quote]
lol, went on their web page, being a designer, clicked on the design link, in there, they have an article about web 2.0 Smile rightclick, view source = table based layout Big Grin and they talk about web 2.0 ? Big Grin rofl

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB