Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hosting: Where and Why?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Yes I did give it up, because I was spending money when I didn't need too. Yes I was happy; they set up the account wrong first time though, but I submitted a support ticket and it was sorted within the hour.

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Have a look at here if you want reseller hosting with less costs.

[eluser]dare[/eluser]
I've personally tried Host Nine . If you're looking a reseller a/c to sell both Windows and Linux based services, that would be a stylistic choice.

Also found that their major service providers are ThePlanet, SoftLayers and FastServers.

Regards
Dare

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
Just signed up with aso to see what they can do Smile
thanks for the coupons

[eluser]chandlerou[/eluser]
Updated OP.

Keep us posted daulex.

[eluser]mglinski[/eluser]
Mediatemple.net FTW

Full control at very reasonable prices. Full Web 2.0 Technology support(rails, python, etc.). Great support and even better hardware. The main reason to go with (MT) is the hardware, they strain over 20 server configs to find the best and upgrade their services regularly.

I personally own 5 (dv) accounts and couldn't be happier, lots of processing power for relatively small price.
-Matt

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
I 2nd Michael Wales regarding Eleven2 ... worst hosting company ever! if you plan on actually hosting clients here, at any price their hosting is abysmal!

I jsut moved, now I have to move again ... takes them days to respond to a ticket ... they used to respond to AOL IM's ... but now every IM response gets a "hmmm, yeah ... right ... well, you'll need to open a ticket".

HORRIBLE!

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
regarding slicehost ... i'm intrigued by their service. i'm tired of dealing with my mail not getting delivered to the hotmails and the gmails because my shared server bunk mates get the server blacklisted.

that's my #1 issue.

but does slicehost offer any kind of cpanel like administration panel? or do you have to bust out a shell to do the simplest of admin tasks?

i need a new host with reseller options ... a VPS sounds like the way to go.

[eluser]TheActionCombo[/eluser]
Surpass Hosting has a developer hosting plan that features 1-click installation of CodeIgniter.

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Reading this tread I feel lucky to have no problem with hosting. Then again, I am the one doing the hosting so complaining works Confusednake:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB