Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to inhibit an error message?

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 06:42 AM by richb201.)

I am load testing my app. I discovered that the AWS RDS server sometimes gets overloaded and i get a 500, internal server error back from the server during high throughput. This only happens when the load is fairly high. The error I get is "table doesn't exist", error 1146. I'd tried to use a try-catch around my function (in the model). I plan to offer a popup saying the "the system is congested, would you like to try again?". It will take a user a few seconds to make this choice, allowing time for the system to clear. 

All of the errors are due to various temp files not existing. Is there perhaps a limit on how many temp files can existing at a single time or is that an RDS server question?

I could probably get this to work much better with a larger RDS server (and optimized code) but that is way too expensive for me. 

The try-catch is around the entire body of the function (probably 70 lines of code). Even with the Try/Catch I am still getting the 500 error. The try/catch doesn't seem to be working?
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Fix the ERROR!
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 11:38 AM by richb201.)

Turns out that the reason this is failing is that AWS RDS server is not creating the TEMPORARY file. No error, nothing. It just doesn't appear to create the table. If I create the file wo TEMPORARY the code runs fine. I have a question into AWS techs.
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB