Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
insertID bad return

[Google translation]
Hi,

I'm migrating from CI3 to CI4.

I do an insert with the builder and then try to retrieve the primary key ID number.
But the returned ID is not good, I should have a value in the 5XX but I have a value in the 2479XX

My function in model :

Code:
public function insertFiche($val1, $val2){
    $builder = $this->db->table('myTable');
    $data = array(
      'col1' => $val1,
      'col2' => $val2
    );
    $builder->insert($data);
    $insert_id = $this->db->insertID();
    return  $insert_id;
  }

Thanks for your help

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 04:23 AM by kenjis.)

Why do you know 2479XX is bad?
It is just a number that your database returned.

Hi Kenjis,
I'll try to explain my problem a bit more:

On CI3, when I do an insert and then use insert_id(), it returns me the id of the primary key in auto increment . In my example, looking at the DB, it should have returned 541.

But when I try to migrate to CI4, and use the insertID() function after an insert, the returned value doesn't match at all. It gave me a much higher value.

I hope to be clearer with this explanation and that the Google translation does not break my sentences.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 04:24 AM by kenjis.)

Your code seems good, and should be return correct insert id.
But in fact, it is not.

I don't know why, but I recommend your check all queries in database log (or CI4's debug toolbar).
If the insert id is wrong, there might be another insert before you call insertID().

Alternatively, try to find ID 2479 X X in all tables, if there are not so many of them. This will help you find the request that returned the wrong ID

(02-07-2023, 04:19 AM)kenjis Wrote: If the insert id is wrong, there might be another insert before you call insertID().
That's it ! THANKS ! I had completely forgotten that I log each modification in BBD by an insert in a table 'log_bdd' via an event 'Events::on('DBQuery', function($query) {‘. 

The IDs correspond.

Now I have to figure out how to make the log not overwrite the ID in the object or keep the ID to rewrite it after the log.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB