Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using PEAR to interface with Flickr?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Earlier I wrote a post asking about a good way to interface with Flickr. After some research, I decided to attempt to use the PEAR Flickr class, so I followed the CI Wiki Instructions for integrating PEAR into CI.

It seems that two of the Flickr dependencies - XML_Tree and XML_Node - have trouble working with PHP 5 due to the fact that the XML classes define a function called "clone" which is defined globally in PHP 5. After fixing this problem, I am now getting another problem when I actually try to call one of the API methods using the PEAR Class:

Code:
require_once 'Flickr/API.php';

// create an API object
$api =& new Flickr_API(array(
      'api_key'  => $flickr_api_key
));

// call the method
$data['response'] = $api->callMethod('flickr.test.echo', array(
    'foo' => 'bar'
));

The API object seems to be created without problem, but as soon as I add the code to call the method, I receive the following errors:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: libraries/Loader.php
Line Number: 980

and

Quote:Fatal error: Call to a member function _assign_libraries() on a non-object in /path/to/system/libraries/Loader.php on line 980

I found another thread where a user experiences the same error, but the fixes indicated in that thread do not work for me, as this is not an ACL class that I am trying to use to check for authorization only once; rather, I need to be able to access this class from multiple locations and to accomplish multiple tasks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB