Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple Sites with different configs / Multilingual sites

[eluser]pwfraley[/eluser]
I am reviewing CI for a project we are doing and I have a couple of questions about multiple sites and multilingual applications:

1. Is it possible to have one application run multiple sites with differing configs?
2. I found a couple of threads regarding multilingual sites, but this seems to be a very complex thing, also changing some base behaviour of CI. Is there a CI endorsed standard way of handling multilingual sites?

thanks
patrick

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
First off, welcome to CodeIgniter.

1. I'm not sure what you mean here. You can certainly run several sites with just one core, but running them on the same app depends on your needs. With some clever coding you can definitely make it work though.

2. This depends on your needs as well. CodeIgniter supports different languages through use of the language library, but it does not dictate an implementation. So if you want a uri language identifier or something similar, you're better off with a third party one (or your own implementation). This is one of those points that really shows of the flexibily of the framework, as well as the great community.

You either love it or ... love it less Smile .

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Most of my stuff are multi lang application.

Best bet is to use Url Identifier, and have language related template when needed.

Quite easy i tell you.

good luck !

[eluser]Vicente Russo[/eluser]
I'll post on my blog a few modifications I made to work with multiple languages and templates.. certainly is what you are looking for..

[eluser]pwfraley[/eluser]
Hey thanks for the answers Smile

To clarify my first point:

I am looking to create one application as a basis, and then run multiple sites with this application, but these sites would require different settings (like which server to connect to for data calculation, different templates, some might require a user login, some online require a user login if you would like to save your project)

Example:

Site 1:
Calculation Server Port: 60800
Require Login: true

Site 2:
Calculation Server Port: 60900
Require Login: false

Also it would be nice to be able to run for example a third site, which inherrits from the first application and modifies some things in this app.

Thanks
Patrick

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB