Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Web-based chat and Yahtzee-induced procrastination

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've been drawing up plans for my next project for about a month and it's time to get the ball rolling. I've played enough rounds of Yahtzee when I shoulda been researching to best my old high score (400+, for anyone who cares).

All is well and right in my world except that one lingering, unanswered question:

What about that web-based chatroom my client's site requires?

Can any of you point me in the right direction (we will pay for a program if we need to) for a web-based chat system with the following features:

1. Secure
2. One-on-one
3. Group chat (moderated)
4. Log generation
5. Timed chat

If there isn't a great already-built program for this, is there an engine I can use and custom code the entire thing to achieve this?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Quote:If there isn’t a great already-built program for this, is there an engine I can use and custom code the entire thing to achieve this?
CodeIgniter

Other faster options: Campfire is great although I don't think it meets all your requirements. You could create an IRC channel, develop a front-end to that (so the user never knows they are on IRC), then a quick-and-easy control panel for administration/moderation.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@Michael:

I think you're right about Campfire not being enough. I hadn't thought about the IRC thing. I need to look into that.

Have you heard or do you know anything about Openfire? The engine's just gone open source.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB