Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
features missing?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I am investigating the use of CI in a new project. I started reading the user guide and so far so good but I missed some chapters on essential prerequisites for my project like:

1. access control: how does it work?

2. localization: I understand the translation capabilities for strings in the interface but is there a mechanism to save/retrieve objects in a certain language?

3. web based administration: is there a way of generating an admin interface quickly to manage content/users?

4. hooks: can you implement your own hooks?

5. update management: once your site is up and running, how can you ensure a smooth deployment of new features?

6. search: do you write your own search engine?

7. syndication: is there a nice and easy way to generate RSS/Atom feeds?

So my question is: Is the user guide incomplete or are these features available via plug-ins? In the latter case, which plug-ins do you recommend for all these points?

Cheers,
Shariff

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Welcome to the Forums,

1. ACL is controlled by a third party library, you will find these in ignited code. Redux Auth and BackEnd Pro are your best bets.

2. you can use routes to determine what language people are viewing the site.(if this is what you mean) There are many post about this in the forum so have a look around.

3. Have a Look at BackEnd Pro again.

4. Hooks are described in user guide, for more help on the topic ask with more detail in what you need to hook and why, then some one can help.

5. Up to you, how ever you code the BackEnd or features will determine how it is updated.

6. You can write your own search engine, there are a couple of libs in the ignited code section to do this.

7. Have a look in the Wiki at RSS and Social Networking, bot of these explain the rss side of CI.

Hope this helps you.

TJ

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB