Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Linkster First Release

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
After only a few weeks of coding (started early may), we have our first release of Linkster - a directory application built on CI. We wanted to release it early, but we also wanted to ensure that it works as expected. It should be relatively bug free at this point. This code will serve as a foundation, so feedback and suggestions are encouraged.

The rest can speak for itself...

A demo can be found here - the recover and change password functons are disabled Smile .
Username: admin | Password: linkster (or create an account)

And the source can be downloaded on this page.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I second your post Inparo and really CI guys: We are proud of it and impatient to hear from you!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
It's looking very down to earth. Good luck with the site guys!

[eluser]phpwebdev[/eluser]
this is good work . keep going

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
Good work. Congratulations. Your code is simple and readable for me.

But I found that when user logout, pages are not refreshed. I guess there seems to be cache problem. HTML headers should be reset.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually there is no cache system implemented in Linkster.

I can't reproduce your bug. I need more details:
- Is this a custom installation or did you try on our demo website?
- Did you try with the latest SVN version or did you try the official release?
- What's your browser?
- What's happen exactly, can you be more precise to what you see and what steps leads you to the bug ?

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
Hi Too Pixel,

Here is the answers:

- I tried to your demo website.
- see previous answer.
- Firefox 2.0.0.14
- I login as admin username and password. When I logout this account, Linkster is recognized me as admin. If I refreshed page, it was fixed. Also, I tried this procedure for my username which is different than admin. But the result was the same.

I have checked your codes. It is fine, but ?

[quote author="fatigue" date="1214494145"]I have checked your codes. It is fine, but ?[/quote]

Really I can't reproduce, with different browsers and many tries.
Try to clean your browser cache maybe.

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
[quote author="Too Pixel" date="1214495684"]Try to clean your browser cache maybe.[/quote]

Maybe... I clean it but the result is the same.

Anyway, I have some questions for you:

Is there any core modification of CI? Why do you release Linkster with CI?

Can we updated only CI or we are waiting with your release when CI is updated?

There is no core modification of CI. All the changes that has been made to CI libraries are in the /application/libraries/ folder prefixed with MY_

Linkster is aimed to be a standalone web application, that's why it is released bundled with CI. We have no plan to release it as a kind of plugin.

We keep releasing to the latest SVN version of CI, so Linkster will be always up to date along with CI releases. However you can update CI independently from Linkster, that should work.

Is that answering your questions?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB