Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter stopped showing most errors (even syntax errors) [SOLVED]

[eluser]KeyStroke[/eluser]
Hi,

I have this weird problem where CodeIgniter started to supress most of the errors I'm supposed to get.

For example, I had a syntax error in a controller today (a missing '.'), but instead of telling me about it, CodeIgniter just displayed a blank page every time I called that controller.

Any idea what's going on?

*EDIT*
Solution:
I just found out that the reason for this is that 'display_errors' in 'php.ini' for some reason was reset to OFF by itself. Everything is working fine now. Thanks. Smile

[eluser]mironcho[/eluser]
Have you changed/upgraded your PHP recently? Check display_errors and error_reporting options in your php.ini config file. Latest PHP versions comes with php.ini configured to suppress errors displaying in browser's window. Check your syslog and/or apache access/error logs.
One other thing - if you are using CI's logging functionality, check system/logs/ directory permissions.

No I haven't updgraded or changed anything related to errors. And I don't think I'm using CI's logging functionality (unless it's working by default).

[eluser]mironcho[/eluser]
What are apache error/access logs saying then? Any other clue somewhere there?

Sorry but I'm not familiar with the server settings. Where do I find it on my computer? (Apache is installed locally on my mac)

Note: I don't get error anymore even outside CI!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB