Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Blank Page Bug

[eluser]jjpmann[/eluser]
I have just upgraded to 1.6.3 all though I have had this problem in 1.6.1. For some reason I get a blank page no errors. This does not happen all the time but has something to the with the log files. When the problem occurs I can fix by deleting the latest log file and the site works as is should.

This seems to be a on my web host server only since my test server does not do this or I haven’t seen it. I haven't come across any one with the same problem in my searches. If anyone has any ideas to help that would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Sounds like PHP is timing out. I wonder if your disk i/o is fast enough? You can lower the level of logging you're using, or remove it entirely.

Welcome to CI jjpmann.

[eluser]jjpmann[/eluser]
Ok I'll take a look at turning off the logging when the problem occurs and see if that helps. It just seems strange that its happening to the site. It's actually a beta site in a different directory (using sub-domain) then the main site with is live, running 1.5.3 I think and I have had no problems with main site. Been working on a big update and until I find a solution I wont be able to merge it over. =/

Thanks again.

[eluser]CarlosN[/eluser]
I had the same problem, CI 1.6.1 works in my home, but doesnt work in my hosting. Only show me a blank page for all controllers. I would appreciate any help.

blank pages are almost always the result of a php error with error messages suppressed. Usually, its caused by not enough memory. if you run a phpinfo(), how much mem you have Carlos? Oh, and welcome to CI!

[eluser]CarlosN[/eluser]
Thanks for you answer.

I don´t find where is memory, in the phpinfo(), but something worried me after read the info page, this says : "mysql Client API version: 3.23.49 ". I don't know if this is a problem because mysql must be 4.1+ version, although in my control panel said MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard.

Whatever, if the memory is the problem, how fix that?

Thanks other time.

If you search these forums, or google for "PHP increase memory" what do you find? I'll give you a hand working through the information you get back Carlos.

[eluser]uk81[/eluser]
Hej.

I had a similar problem with a blank page with CodeIgniter.
I was searching the problem for a few weeks and than I made a pause (had no time to search the problem). Now I search again and I fixed it.

It was really a small problem, but I found the problem and fixed it.
The problem was, that I turned error logging on (later to test it, I set it to 4) but I changed the webhoster (before the problem occurs) and I forgot to set write access for all. So CI can´t write the log files. I described it in my blog:
http://www.karrock.de/daf/2008/10/blank-...framework/

But why breeds this a completely blank white page??

[edit]
before I fixed it I changed to the latest CI version!

[eluser]ccachor[/eluser]
Hey everyone,

Just finished a server migration and ran into these same problems. These solutions might have already been mentioned, but check the items below and see if it helps.

1. If you're using mysqli -- make sure it's installed on the machine. CI does not spit out an error, you get just a blank page no source, no nothing.

2. In your index.php file, if error reporting is set to E_ALL, make sure your logs folder is writeable. This is the error that got me Sad

3. This happened a while ago, but running PHP in CGI mode was causing the same blank page error.

Hope that helps others out there

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
in case you are looking for other reasons for the white screen of death:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/110839/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB