Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Halogy | Free Hosted CMS with loads of modules

[eluser]Stu Green[/eluser]
I would be quite keen to get people's thoughts on whether we should release the core functionality as open source. In other words we could just release the CMS part (not the modules) in the hope to improve the stability and things like the AJAX.

Just some updates...

- Halogy will be open source at some point soon. We'll release a core version to the CI community.
- We need more beta testers, please sign up and help us develop, in exchange for free modules and bandwidth
- Been featured by lots of sites which is great (most recently Web Creme and CMS Wire)
- We are looking for theme designers, let us know if you can design themes for Halogy (we only have 3!)

http://www.halogy.com
http://www.halogy.com/blog/

Thanks all

[eluser]Bui Duc Long[/eluser]
Hi,

Anyone got this cms source code yet?

[eluser]swampthang[/eluser]
I just purchased and downloaded it. All the files including the application folder (except for the index.php, .htaccess and a folder containing css and such) are in the system folder and named 'halogy'. Other than the no access index.html file there are no files in the halogy/application/controllers folder. I installed exactly as explained in the readme.txt file but am getting a 404 error. My suspicion is that the files in the controllers folder are missing. I've emailed Stu but it's 9:30PM in the UK. Will let you know how it turns out.

[eluser]swampthang[/eluser]
Stu just replied to my email and the issue was in halogy/application/config/config.php. He said:

Quote:If you are getting a 404 this means it's working ( presuming the halogy logo is on the 404 ). So I suggest you change the application/config/config.php file to auto and not path_info. Try that.

I changed it from..
Code:
$config['uri_protocol']    = "PATH_INFO";
to
Code:
$config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO";
and it worked! I'm gonna have a blast with this. I love CI for all the right reasons and finally have a way to get the best of both worlds. Thanks, Stu!

Open source version going live tomorrow! I'm mega excited.

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Hell yeah, this sounds awesome. I'll definitely take a look once you release the source code tomorrow.

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
I've been using Halogy for over a month now and have to say it is one of the most awesome CMS's I've ever used. Love the power and it looks great.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB