Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Routes

I don't know exactly how to search for this in the forums, but how do I do the following.

Let's say that a user types in:
www.domain.com/admin/newpage/1

or

www.domain.com/search/name/donald

How do I make this go to a default controller and have it process all of parameters?

Like for the first one the parameters would be admin, newpage, 1.

And for the second one the parameters would be search, name, donald.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Don't search ... use the User Guide table of contents ... URI Routing has its own entry.

I don't share this link with very many people. But you seem sincere and diligent in your questions.
This is the inside story - the secrets, the tips, and the tricks. In only five mind expanding, body shaking, soul stirring pages.
http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/tu...index.html

(07-01-2016, 01:29 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Don't search ... use the User Guide table of contents ... URI Routing has its own entry.

Thank you, I did find the routing section in the doc. I will read it and figure out how to do what I asked.

(07-01-2016, 01:46 PM)cartalot Wrote: I don't share this link with very many people. But you seem sincere and diligent in your questions.
This is the inside story - the secrets, the tips, and the tricks. In only five mind expanding, body shaking, soul stirring pages.
http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/tu...index.html

LOL I love the sarcasm.

Question - what if someone has read the user guide already and does not understand what it says in the routing part?

What then? Mr. Smarty Pants?

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 05:01 PM by cartalot.)

(07-01-2016, 04:23 PM)tanker456 Wrote: Question - what if someone has read the user guide already and does not understand what it says in the routing part?

so in all seriousness - you can't just "read" the tutorial. you have to do the tutorial. actually set up the application and the code and do it step by step. and at that point routing is either working or its not working. if its not working then you can post the specific error messages you are getting and someone can try and help. the tutorial goes through everything you are asking about so i was encouraging you to work through it.

(07-01-2016, 05:00 PM)cartalot Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 04:23 PM)tanker456 Wrote: Question - what if someone has read the user guide already and does not understand what it says in the routing part?

so in all seriousness - you can't just "read" the tutorial. you have to do the tutorial. actually set up the application and the code and do it step by step. and at that point routing is either working or its not working. if its not working then you can post the specific error messages you are getting and someone can try and help. the tutorial goes through everything you are asking about so i was encouraging you to work through it.

Hi! I wanted to respond back. I was finally able to do what I needed.

In seriousness also, a lot of people may have a difficult time understanding these tutorials. Thank goodness I was able to figure it out somehow through trial and error. Sometimes people just need a push in the right direction.

I think Codeigniter is an awesome framework and it would be great if we pushed a lot of people in the right direction so that it becomes popular again!

Thanks again!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB