Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: CodeIgniter 4 for Enterprise Application
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
64.29%
9 64.29%
No
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Codeigniter 4 for Enterprise Application
Thumbs Up 

guys please votes and share what you think. Good feature development
Tongue Smart people's uses codeigniter

(11-30-2016, 10:51 AM)Narf Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 10:46 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 11:32 AM)Narf Wrote: Before anything else, you should clarify what you mean by "enterprise" ... As far as I'm concerned it's just a buzzword.

here i talking about complex project. Or a bold project means it needs everything that need to construct the app. Most of the bigger companies dont prefer the codeigniter for complex project.
Now ci 4 becomes a full stack framework, why dont we push littleharder and make best for the complex app.

Simplicity - perhaps CI's greatest strength - directly contradicts complexity.

I'm talking about breaking the simplicity. Adding some great features to our CI 4-app needs is not the contradict. It give more flexibility.
Tongue Smart people's uses codeigniter

(11-30-2016, 10:46 AM)[email protected] Wrote: here i talking about complex project. Or a bold project means it needs everything that need to construct the app. Most of the bigger companies dont prefer the codeigniter for complex project.
Now ci 4 becomes a full stack framework, why dont we push littleharder and make best for the complex app.

This is to vague. Be more specific. What do you think CI is missing and what are you suggesting?

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 01:31 PM by arma7x.)

Enterprise featured mean offer anything to build a complex system? But it depend on user too, how they built it. CI rocks, simple and solid. If I'm missing something, just get it on github, but if missing features(talking about auth, most common problem posted in forum, won't happen in CI4) provided as bundle in official package would love it too. But CI is community project, we have our own life and jobs todo. More contributions more strength.
Keep calm.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 07:00 PM by prezire.)

As Narf mentioned, enterprise is a vague term and it depends on the organization that needs it. Perhaps it's possible to stick to CMS instead, and then tweak it if necessary, depending on your organization's demands like marketing needs.
Long live CodeIgniter!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 12:43 AM by davidgv88.)

CI 4 is awesome!

But.... We need the simplicity of Codeigniter with the libraries of other frameworks.

For example:
ACL (roles, permissions, etc)
Multilanguage support with .po .mo files
Command line
Form builder. Create forms from a class
ORM

CI 4 no accept libraries from third party in Core I think that is a big mistake.

This features should be included in CI 4 and the developers install this libraries from composer or other methods.

Or create CI enterprise edition but is not necesary.

Finally. Symfony and laravel for example it's much better than Codeigniter but i always use CI because is simply and easy to learn.

(12-01-2016, 12:39 AM)davidgv88 Wrote: CI 4 is awesome!

But.... We need the simplicity of Codeigniter with the libraries of other frameworks.

For example:
Command line
ORM

CI 4 no accept libraries from third party in Core I think that is a big mistake.

This features should be included in CI 4 and the developers install this libraries from composer or other methods.

Finally. Symfony and laravel for example it's much better than Codeigniter but i always use CI because is simply and easy to learn.

IN Core there should be no 3rd party dependency  (perhaps only really critical things as security). I don't like that thing in many other frameworks, because this is simple fucking up with the system.. 20 layers to run 1 pagination, 1 db selection and etc..

OUT Core - you can add whatever you want in your app, including with composer or no..

You don't need framework to use other frameworks tools.  
This can be done even without framework at all.. You need just few classes..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(12-01-2016, 12:39 AM)davidgv88 Wrote: We need the simplicity of Codeigniter with the libraries of other frameworks.

For example:
Command line
ORM

Each of these are complex by nature, and a sane ORM (after we forget all other arguments against it) on its own is more complex than our entire framework.

(12-01-2016, 12:39 AM)davidgv88 Wrote: CI 4 is awesome!

For example:
Command line
ORM

Use composer.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@albertleao
"Use composer."

It is not that simple.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB