Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is there a way to route an entire controller?

Is there a way to route an entire controller, so I can route a controller to be / (root directory)?

Let's say my controller looks like this.

Code:
<?php
defined('BASEPATH') OR exit('No direct script access allowed');

class Main extends MY_Controller {

public function debate($nodeviewid){

}

public function question($nodeviewid){

}
}

By doing this (setting a route for my controller), all actions in my specific controller I set the controller's route in, (such as "debate") inherit this route so action debate has the /debate url and action question has the /question url.

It would be more convenient to map or route an entire controller and all actions in that controller by default become a subroute of it, than setting each route for each of my controller actions individually.

Rewrite in .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^debate$ /main/debate [L]

Or just use CI routing.

(08-01-2017, 10:46 AM)skunkbad Wrote: Rewrite in .htaccess:

Or just use CI routing.

Yes but I want to route the entire controller, not each method individually. How do I do that?

(08-07-2017, 01:29 PM)desbest Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 10:46 AM)skunkbad Wrote: Rewrite in .htaccess:

Or just use CI routing.

Yes but I want to route the entire controller, not each method individually. How do I do that?

It's not possible. You may be able to come up with a RewriteRule or CI routing that uses a regular expression, but there is no magic way to do what you want to do. A CI route like this might work:

PHP Code:
$route['(debate|question)'] = 'main/$1'

A Kludge I use is to route any unfound URIs to a search routine.

A search of an exact match for a table url_title() matching the URL or a nearest match or the table unique record number calls the relevant matching table record.

If the above fails the standard 404 is called.

I am going to request this feature in the next version of Codeigniter.

(08-08-2017, 12:34 AM)desbest Wrote: I am going to request this feature in the next version of Codeigniter.

What do you think about Routes in a Controller Comments

(08-10-2017, 08:47 AM)jonathanq Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:34 AM)desbest Wrote: I am going to request this feature in the next version of Codeigniter.

What do you think about Routes in a Controller Comments

I don't think that is helpful.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB