Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can you help with the CI website? An invitation from the CI Foundation

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 01:12 AM by PaulD.)

Hi Everyone,

Can you help? We are looking for volunteers from the CI community to help us to improve the CI website. If you think you could help us with this we would love to hear from you.

We would like to address both the design and the content of the website and we plan to implement changes as part of an ongoing process of continuous improvement.

Broadly our overall objectives are:
  • To better communicate the purpose, principles and benefits of the CI Framework.
  • To improve the appeal of CodeIgniter to both new and experienced developers.
Broad Design Goals:
  • A friendly UI
  • Intuitive Navigation
  • A modern and clean look and feel
Broad Content Goals:
  • To explain the purpose and function of CodeIgniter
  • To give some insight into how CodeIgniter works
  • To inspire people to download and try CodeIgniter
  • To describe clearly the benefits of using CodeIgniter
  • To demonstrate the hard work and ongoing achievements of the CI development team
  • To show that CodeIgniter has a lively and active community for support and advice
  • To encourage people to contribute to CodeIgniter and become an active member of the community
Potential Areas You Could Help With:
  • Planning
  • Website Design
  • Copywriting
  • Proof Reading
  • Infographic Design
  • Video Creation
  • Browser/Device Testing

What Next?
If you would like to be involved with this project then simply express an interest below. We will then create a working team from those that have expressed an interest and start from there.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for choosing to help.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Paul,

I'm in for however I can help. Like many others here I'm a full-stack guy, but also do a lot of copywriting and editing.

James
Designer, developer and Diet Dr. Pepper addict. Messing up PHP since <?= $when['year';] ?>

(09-03-2019, 04:45 PM)jameslittle Wrote: Paul,

I'm in for however I can help. Like many others here I'm a full-stack guy, but also do a lot of copywriting and editing.

James

Hi James,

Thank you. Will be in touch in a short while so we can get started. Hopefully we will have at least four or five people helping.

Best wishes,

Paul

Good luck guys, sure you'll do a great job.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Thanks ignitedcms, have you considered volunteering to help?

You can count me in dear PaulD. I talked about it with ciadmin before. You can talk to him, too. I have already sent him some options about the new web site design (we have been in contact actually).

I created version PL https://codeigniter.com.pl with front: Materialize CSS and CI + PWA, is light and transparent, maybe this is the right direction Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 11:31 PM by ignitedcms.)

Honestly, I would help if I could but I have a huge project I'm working on at the moment.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Hi PaulD,

I would be glad to help out in any way that I can.

Love CodeIgniter and this Community.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Thanks everyone! Will be in touch soon but just going to give the post a little more time to collect expressions of interest.

@ignitedcms - perhaps you could be involved if only to give comments and feedback, would like to have you on the team
@InsiteFX - thank you. Was hoping you would express an interest
@website, @demyr - We are not yet ready to discuss actual designs, and this will be done in private as a working group. Thank you for your efforts though and your expression of interest. It is all very much appreciated, but we need to do this one step at a time.

Looks like we have the potential for a great team to work on this.

Paul

PS Expressions of interest is still open and everyone is welcome :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB