Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to call helper function from Controller's Constructor?

Anyone know how to call helper function from Controller's Constructor?, iIve tried and thrown an error, tried adding $this->thefunction() but it also produce an error since this will make complication with function inside controller. Currently I just put everything inside among functions instead constructor but hope there's a way to solve this  Huh

If you loaded your helper then you can call it's function only with name - thefunction();

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 04:56 AM by munggaran.)

(11-11-2020, 02:01 AM)T.O.M. Wrote: If you loaded your helper then you can call it's function only with name - thefunction();
I loaded helper in basecontroller so all controller will have the helper, it works whenever I call thefunction() inside index() or other_function(), but if I try to call from __constructor it will raise an error  Sad

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 07:02 AM by T.O.M..)

In BaseController constructor is initController() method (not __constructor()).
So your __constructor() is called earlier then BaseController::initController() and helpers are not loaded yet.
You can try to load helper manually in your constructor right before call its method with
PHP Code:
helper('your_helper'); 

(11-11-2020, 06:58 AM)T.O.M. Wrote: In BaseController constructor is initController() method (not __constructor()).
So your __constructor() is called earlier then BaseController::initController() and helpers are not loaded yet.
You can try to load helper manually in your constructor right before call its method with
PHP Code:
helper('your_helper'); 

ahhh, now it's working Smile thanks mate!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB