Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Next version modularized?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Quote:why don’t make more informative and transparent the CI progress

Uh, did you know you can pull the HEAD revision from their publicly accessible SVN?

Quote:Surely, there will be an explanation for that. What I know is that it will contain JQuery, if I’m not wrong (I still prefer Prototype+Scriptaculous by the way).

Well, they've said there is a jQuery Library. I still don't exactly see the role of a PHP library with regards to a JavaScript library, but this doesn't mean you are prevented from using Prototype and Scriptaculous.

I think the most significant thing about this next release will merely be that there is a robust application built on top of it (EE 2.0) that CI developers can learn from. I don't imagine the actual CI codebase will change so significantly.

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
I dont' think they ever really felt CI *needed* a Javascript library interface for the general public, but they built one for EE, so they're releasing it anyway. As for the roadmap, CI's flexible enough for you to build what you need, so it shouldn't really matter too much about what they do. Build it yourself if you need it a certain way.

[eluser]Benjamin Midget[/eluser]
I can't help but wonder about this same question because EE is modular by nature. That certainly leads me to believe there is an official modulation system in the works.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB