Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Slashed Steel CMS - First Release

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1234971447"][quote author="steel_slasher" date="1234824448"]It is nearly a full CMS, all it requires is a backend which is currently whatever database management tool you have access to (i.e. phpMyAdmin).[/quote]

How is it a Content Management System if it provides no methods for users to manage their content? This is simply a pre-built frontend for a group of database tables.

Hope to see a little more work on it though, I like having competition to steal... borrow code from ;-)[/quote]

I noticed the same thing when i went looking at it, i had trouble finding anything that allowed a person to manage the actual content

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
Quote:How is it a Content Management System if it provides no methods for users to manage their content? This is simply a pre-built frontend for a group of database tables.

Actually, FreakAuth is already intergrated into the system so there is an ACL, plus i should have a demo running soon and the zip file is "fixed" now.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="steel_slasher" date="1235011044"]
Quote:How is it a Content Management System if it provides no methods for users to manage their content? This is simply a pre-built frontend for a group of database tables.

Actually, FreakAuth is already intergrated into the system so there is an ACL, plus i should have a demo running soon and the zip file is "fixed" now.[/quote]

OK so the only interface is the demo FreakAuth provided by somebody else?

And not to be an ass, but that still doesn't make it a CMS. The demo ACL is managing access to the content, and not managing any content...

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1238165561"][quote author="steel_slasher" date="1235011044"]

Actually, FreakAuth is already intergrated into the system so there is an ACL, plus i should have a demo running soon and the zip file is "fixed" now.[/quote]

OK so the only interface is the demo FreakAuth provided by somebody else?

And not to be an ass, but that still doesn't make it a CMS. The demo ACL is managing access to the content, and not managing any content...[/quote]

It's a BETA, its NOT FINISHED, IT MAY CHANGE! Sorry to be all capping but its still in work and some new stuff is being designed (reasearching the idea, planning how it will work, seeing if it is theoretically possible then making it.

It may take some time since some of these features have been worked on for months, it me ages to simplify the module loading so its stupidly simple. The actual structure took at least a year which involved find structures of other CMSs and seeing pros/cons and seeing what is required by a CMS and how it should be done.

I would redesign and program the ACL but with the actual frontend still being worked I can't see the point. The reason I released this is so that people can test a workable version that may be buggy.

I am sorry for wasting your time speculating this post and others of mine, I hope it will not happen again.

P.S. The timeframes posted here are actually as I have posted them, the programming side is aroung a month total. This ensure high quality with in depth knowledge of what I am building.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
The title of this thread is "Slashed Steel CMS - First Release" when maybe it should be "Slashed Steel CMS - An Idea for a CMS"

I should have thought of that, but since some of my ideas have been coded it would half lying and

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB