Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Download and general security question

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Yes, I think I understand better, thanks. But I still believe you don't need to submit any data that's already contained in the session, as it just adds further complexities.

Also, for downloading files - whilst you can't do this via Ajax, a simple link on the page which points at a controller method that will use force_download(), (and doesn't output any other data), should work just as good as Ajax. The page shouldn't need to be refreshed, so you shouldn't need a separate window for the download. Unless of course the user is trying to access a file that doesn't exist, in which case your controller method will probably redirect the page.

[eluser]BobbyB[/eluser]
Hey thanks to both of you guys.

I will definately check out that flashdata stuff.
I think I used the popup window for the downloads because I used to have some issues with ie6(dont remember what it was though).
But now that I am going to drop support for ie6 anyway, I will change that.

Cool, now I can get back to work and do some improvements :-)

All the best!

Bob

[eluser]BobbyB[/eluser]
I just tried to make that flashdata stuff happen and got one more question for you guys.

Where and how would I set the flashdata?

Since I want to get rid of the "data passing" I would need to dynamically set the flashdata in my view.
The id is a javascript variable.
How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

[url="http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/libraries/sessions.html"]RTFUG[/url]. Smile

[eluser]BobbyB[/eluser]
Ouch, thats what you meant by ninja like reflexes :lol:

Yup, that's it. One minute you'll be asking an innocent question, then POW!

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1239420218"]Yup, that's it. One minute you'll be asking an innocent question, then POW![/quote]

lol. Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB