Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP IDE with support CodeIgniter

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
Hi.

Thanks for good replies Smile

We would not like to discuss the language it’s written.
We are waiting for suggestion about its functionality,
espaciallly for CodeIgniter plug-in.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
I think you're in a challenging position here, and not because you use C++ Wink

I gather a sizeable number of CI users are on OSX or Linux. Neither of these groups can use your software.

I'm not sure how many people are in my camp, but one of the reasons I use Apache, PHP, and CodeIgniter are because they're free, and indeed that's the reason I develop on KDE on Debian, and why I use Quanta now / will possibly move to NetBeans in the future.

I don't know whether you count 'I can't run your software because you only release it for non-free platforms' as a functionality issue, however.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="clod" date="1251408204"]Hi.

Thanks for good replies Smile

We would not like to discuss the language it’s written.
We are waiting for suggestion about its functionality,
espaciallly for CodeIgniter plug-in.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.[/quote]

If you don't want to talk about the language then why do you say it's easier to use because it's written in C++ ? Second thing, why would we want to pay for a plugin that doesn't do that much extra when it can be done for free as well ?

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
Hi.

Our goal is to develop CodeIgniter plug-in that will be useful for developers and provide rapid abilities. We hope for your suggestions.
As i said - it has already special CodeIgniter framework autocomplete and dynamic help for its API.

Drupal and Joomla CMS are also free, but we have many customers of our plug-ins.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
I looked at the features of your editor on your website. It looks pretty good. One feature would be useful for me is the ability to upload via ftp to a website. Also, does your editor support remote debugging? I didn't see that.

Good luck with your product.

[eluser]pmoroom[/eluser]
[quote author="clod" date="1251456951"]Hi.

Our goal is to develop CodeIgniter plug-in that will be useful for developers and provide rapid abilities. We hope for your suggestions.
As i said - it has already special CodeIgniter framework autocomplete and dynamic help for its API.

Drupal and Joomla CMS are also free, but we have many customers of our plug-ins.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.[/quote]

I'm trying it out now...free or pay if it works I will use it. I believe in people getting paid for what they do if they so choose to go that route. If a product isn't for me, it isn't for me, but I don't think it is fair for people to go after you for putting your product out there.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
1) This is a forum for helping users work with CodeIgniter not for trying to sale Software and Plugin's!

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[eluser]kgill[/eluser]
Indeed, the forums shouldn't be used as a way to generate sales leads, you want that then pony up some money to Ellislab.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="pmoroom" date="1251521692"]
I'm trying it out now...free or pay if it works I will use it. I believe in people getting paid for what they do if they so choose to go that route. If a product isn't for me, it isn't for me, but I don't think it is fair for people to go after you for putting your product out there.
[/quote]

I suspect I am the people that you refer to, so I'll offer some enlightenment on my POV.

Your phrase 'free or pay' highlights one of the problems with English - the existence of overloaded words. It's particularly confusing in this setting because when I use the word free (as above) it means free as in libre, not free as in gratis. Actually, most of the time that I use the word free in the context of software I'm talking about the freedom aspect, not the monetary value - and generally use the expression $-free to refer to the gratis version of the word.

I am, of course, very happy with the idea of paying for free software - I have such software installed on my computer. The concept should not be confusing to anyone.

I'll 'go after' (though I was just observing that they'd have a problem flogging their wares here) non-free software in almost any context, for any number of ethical and practical reasons. In this particular instance I think the non-free approach is inappropriate because:
o PHP is free software
o CodeIgniter is free software

The facts that many PHP users also use Apache (free) and run on GNU/Linux systems (free) are just freebies.

My first problem when I trundled off to the site, in response to their $-free advertisement in these forums, was that I couldn't work out whether their software would run on my computer. As a user of a real operating system, one tends to simply assume that things won't - but in the PHP/CodeIgniter corner of the net that assumption inverts. It's non-obvious (to the extent that I had to go to wikipedia to find out) what platforms their software runs on. You could feasibly conclude that this is because they are embarrassed about the fact that they are spurning the free software world, despite taking advantage of it -- or that they simply didn't consider non-Microsoft visitors. It's hard to say which is worse.

My bigger problem is a hybrid -- everything in my development environment is free - that is, I have access to the source, and the right to make changes to same -- and after enjoying the benefits of that for so long, polluting my environment with non-free software isn't an attractive proposition. The other side of this is the attitude inherent in the developers / marketers -- it's a risky move to enter a market populated by customers who like the idea of free software, and produce a non-free product. You're potentially alienating the people who might otherwise feel kindly to your product. It almost becomes irrelevant that there's competing products with almost identical functionality, that are both free and $-free.

[eluser]pmoroom[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1251566776"][quote author="pmoroom" date="1251521692"]
[/quote]

I suspect I am the people that you refer to, so I'll offer some enlightenment on my POV.

Your phrase 'free or pay' highlights one of the problems with English - the existence of overloaded words. It's particularly confusing in this setting because when I use the word free (as above) it means free as in libre, not free as in gratis. Actually, most of the time that I use the word free in the context of software I'm talking about the freedom aspect, not the monetary value - and generally use the expression $-free to refer to the gratis version of the word.

I am, of course, very happy with the idea of paying for free software - I have such software installed on my computer. The concept should not be confusing to anyone.

I'll 'go after' (though I was just observing that they'd have a problem flogging their wares here) non-free software in almost any context, for any number of ethical and practical reasons. In this particular instance I think the non-free approach is inappropriate because:
o PHP is free software
o CodeIgniter is free software

The facts that many PHP users also use Apache (free) and run on GNU/Linux systems (free) are just freebies.

My first problem when I trundled off to the site, in response to their $-free advertisement in these forums, was that I couldn't work out whether their software would run on my computer. As a user of a real operating system, one tends to simply assume that things won't - but in the PHP/CodeIgniter corner of the net that assumption inverts. It's non-obvious (to the extent that I had to go to wikipedia to find out) what platforms their software runs on. You could feasibly conclude that this is because they are embarrassed about the fact that they are spurning the free software world, despite taking advantage of it -- or that they simply didn't consider non-Microsoft visitors. It's hard to say which is worse.

My bigger problem is a hybrid -- everything in my development environment is free - that is, I have access to the source, and the right to make changes to same -- and after enjoying the benefits of that for so long, polluting my environment with non-free software isn't an attractive proposition. The other side of this is the attitude inherent in the developers / marketers -- it's a risky move to enter a market populated by customers who like the idea of free software, and produce a non-free product. You're potentially alienating the people who might otherwise feel kindly to your product. It almost becomes irrelevant that there's competing products with almost identical functionality, that are both free and $-free.[/quote]

While I appreciate your response, my post was directed at no one in particular. If I had meant that, I would have put in names. Remember that on the internet everyone has bigger muscles! Wink As of late, I've seen some bashing here and I've been following, although silently, for quite some time. Maybe everyone's sad summer is coming to an end.....I know I am.

Anyway, I was simply trying to be nice to the guy. Nothing here, let's move along.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB