Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP IDE with support CodeIgniter

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
[quote author="Jondolar" date="1251509043"]I looked at the features of your editor on your website. It looks pretty good. One feature would be useful for me is the ability to upload via ftp to a website. Also, does your editor support remote debugging? I didn't see that.

Good luck with your product.[/quote]

Hi.
Big thanks for suggestion.
Remote debugging and FTP upload tehre are in our plans.
Unfortunately there is impossible
We go to our target step by step.

About free concept:
As we know - our attempt is the first attempt to create special IDE functions for CodeIgniter framework.
And it is useful for CodeIgniter development in any case.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
@clod

Would your software run on Wine? It might then be usable by people on mac or linux too.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Um...you said the IDE was free and had special CI features. The site states:

Quote:CodeIgniter plug-in $24.95 Buy now

So the IDE may be free (as in gratis), but the special CI features aren't. Its deeply annoying to intelligent people, and indeed to most idiots, to be told something is free only to later find that it isn't. If you want to sell something, fine - say so. I used PHPed that I knew wasn't free at all - but the most they ever claimed was a 'free trial'. Admittedly 'free trial' is perhaps redundant, but I'm willing to overlook it.

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
Hi.

Please, read my first post more carefully.
I have wrote that CodeIgniter plug-in is paid.

Also now the number of our customers are growing very fast.
So we have huge value of suggestion.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
My 2 cents...

The fact that it is written in C++ may might actually be a benefit over an editor written in Java. My poor old laptop just can't run eclipse but can handle lots of programs written in C++. So, for some people, an editor written in C++ may actually be a differentiator.

[eluser]aptereket[/eluser]
Who uses it, what can you say about this IDE?

[eluser]Loquela[/eluser]
Quote:...I believe in people getting paid for what they do if they so choose to go that route. ... but I don’t think it is fair for people to go after you for putting your product out there.

I agree to this sentiment but I do think it's a bit disingenuous to post an unpaid advert for a commercial product on a free forum that supports a free project, and THEN ask the free community to beta test and provide free feedback. It's a bit like having your cake and eating it.

I think you would generate more credibility for yourselves and your product if you offered to pay people in these forums to test your product and offer to pay the Codigniter project for advertising it.

I kind of think you are missing the spirit of the things here. I won't be buying, but I am sure if your product is good enough you will get quite a few Windows users falling for it - there are still plenty of them around ;-)

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
Hi.

Do you know any another IDE that support CodeIgniter framework directly?
We think, that it is already very usefull that we try to do it.
We do not ask about huge beta testing.
We say simply, that we are open for any suggestion about our plug-in.

And one more very important thing: our IDE with many powerful features is FREE absolutely.
Only plug-ins for frameworks including CodeIgniter, Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Smarty nad JQuery are paid.

Now we are working on free features like FTP support, improving debugger and etc also.

BTW we have released version 3.3. with follow new abilities:
http://www.codelobster.com/news.html

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

[eluser]Loquela[/eluser]
There you go again. More free advertising. You're shameless aren't you? ;-)

Quote:Do you know any another IDE that support CodeIgniter framework directly?

Yes, I do: eclipse. You just need to follow these instructions and you have full code assist for Codigniter.
Works a treat. And it's free.

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
Hi.

Sure, we know about Eclipse.
You will have standart autocomplete based on project code structure here.
But we have several special CodeIgniter parsers for autocomlete
and Context Help for framework's functions that points to Codeigniter site directly.

Regards,
Codelobster Team.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB