Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.9

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Well that's the thing, I really don't know how to progress with making PyroCMS more multi-lingual.

As I see it there are several types of multi-lingual requirements that don't always contrast.

1.) The site is available in one language only, all content is entered in this language (Currently supported).

2.) All content has fields for each any every language, meaning that to add an article it should be added in all languages.

3.) The site should be totally different for each language (might as well be a multi-site manager).

I really f**king hate the idea of 2 which also happens to be the way Ionize works. I am considering adding multi-site support so you can have http://pl.example.com/ to have entirely different stuff, but I don't know.

[quote author="bonguoita" date="1269458964"]Hi, I'm new to PyroCMS. I just install MyroCMS 0.9.8 rc1 on localhost.

My website has a homepage with some block content on the sidebar: one block show 03 lastest news, another block show one lastest photo image etc...

How can I do that?

Thank you![/quote]

You might want to create some widgets for that. Just copy existing widgets and tweak, I have not had a chance to work on those new widgets yet.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Phil,

In response to multi-lingual pages.

I guess the optimal solution would be like this:

Take articles for example, use the users default language as the default language when they create a new article and then give them the option to add the article in a different language but not requiring them to add it for all languages. Then only the articles available under that language will be shown when a user is browsing under that language.

Make sense?

I'm sure there are a ton of gotchas in implementing this though, like what if they create a page for a language but not a menu or link to a page that doesn't exist in that language, and a million other use cases like that.

So basically the perfect way to do this is, use magic...

Well as you said "take articles for example". That is a multi-lingual news module. Then we need to work out pages, navigation, widgets...

Even the contact form. Do contact messages for different languages go to the same contact user?

Multi-lingual is a massive brain-fuck that I don't personally have that much interested in. I got a D in French in secondary school and that is as close as I get to multi-lingual. Confusedhut:

[eluser]Stanfield[/eluser]
Hi !
I have an error when I click on "comments" in the admin section :

Code:
Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'TRUE' in 'where clause'

SELECT c.*, IF(c.user_id > 0, IF(u.last_name = "", u.first_name, CONCAT(u.first_name, " ", u.last_name)), c.name) as name, IF(c.user_id > 0, u.email, c.email) as email FROM (comments c) LEFT JOIN users u ON c.user_id = u.id WHERE IF(c.user_id > 0, c.user_id = u.id, TRUE) AND `c`.`is_active` = 0 ORDER BY c.created_on DESC LIMIT 10

Is there a way to correct it ?

What is your MySQL version and PyroCMS version?

Is this a clean install or an upgrade?

You might need to run a little debug yourself there Stanfield, I don't get this issue.

[eluser]Stanfield[/eluser]
Hi !
the version is 0.9.8 rc1.
I installed a fresh copy of pyrocms and I imported an existing database... apparently, something's changed !

if you have an idea, it's more than welcome !

If you use a new version of the files and keep an old version of the database, there will of course be errors.

You need to look at the UPGRADE file either in root or /docs/ so you can upgrade.

Thankfully RC1 should be the last version anyone needs to worry about upgrading from as RC2 contains an upgrade script.

[eluser]coddim[/eluser]
Hello Phil,

You did a very nice job with this out of the box solution, congrats.

About the multi-language, could it not be made so that you keep the structure from the main language (menus, pages, etc) to the other languages added, so once someone chooses another language if a specific content for that language isn't there they will be able to see the main language one?

Like if I have english as main and french added too, once I go to french I will see all in english if I will not bother to translate the articles.

Now a question, is there a categories tutorial, I did try and set them up, since I wanted to get a categories structure for the menu (then I find out you can't unless you hand code it), but I'm interested in how categories could be used on the front side.

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1269999067"]Well as you said "take articles for example". That is a multi-lingual news module. Then we need to work out pages, navigation, widgets...

Even the contact form. Do contact messages for different languages go to the same contact user?

Multi-lingual is a massive brain-fuck that I don't personally have that much interested in. I got a D in French in secondary school and that is as close as I get to multi-lingual. Confusedhut:[/quote]

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dimitry

Categories are pretty feckin useless these days. They used to be used for all sorts of modules, but will be moved into just being news extra data shortly.

If you want a navigation for each language then why not create a navigation area for each?

Quote:{navigation(cat('header_', $pyrocms.current_language))}

It's not pretty but it should work. Multi-lang does need some work but as a lazy english-speaker I really cannot be farked to work on it while so much else needs to be done.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB