Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher Release Candidate 11

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
What do you mean? are you getting that in the html output? if so, on what page?

[eluser]ecarsted[/eluser]
I get it on the top of the page in the Title section (same for all pages).

See attached image.

Eric

[eluser]andjules[/eluser]
Wow, excellent work on the UI design

a few thoughts about your todo list... keep it as simple as possible at core

Quote:- Interface Builder (A GUI which allows you to drag/drop to create and manage your pages
a nice vision, but... perhaps a killer plugin someday? Remember, CI is aimed at mid-level php programmers, not CMS admins. Also, doing it well looks like a full-time job (check out wufoo.com)
Quote:- Reworked permissions system (Allowing user groups, more fine-grained access control)
that would be great
Quote:- Ability to setup CRUDS based on models (which allows you to setup callbacks)
sounds interesting... tell us more?
Quote:- Rewored Docs
success of any project depends on this... it's not as much fun, but it's so important!
Quote:- Add RSS, and Public API support (So that if you make your codex setup public, you can let your users easily plug into it.
hmmm, sounds interesting, but then again, like the interface builder, could be a full-time job in itself... hard to imagine a generic API that would serve everyone's needs

ecarsted, Hmm, that's weird, I can't seem to re-create that problem. Please try to replace the contents of codex/application/views/templates/default/codex_header.php with this code:

Code:
<div class="container">

<div id="header">
                <h1>&lt;?php echo anchor(site_url(),$this->config->item('codex_site_title')); ?&gt;</h1>
                &lt;?php
                    //Displays the logged in user's menu
                    if($user_name = $this->codexsession->userdata('user_name')){?&gt;
                        <div id="login-nav">
                            &lt;?php echo sprintf($this->lang->line('codexadmin_logged_in_as'), $user_name).'<br>'.anchor("login/quit",$this->lang->line('codexadmin_logout')); ?&gt;
                        </div>
                    &lt;?php }
                ?&gt;
            </div>

<div id="navigation">
                &lt;?php echo $this->codextemplates->loadInlineView('navigation.php'); ?&gt;
            </div>

[eluser]andjules[/eluser]
by the way, if I go into the public preview, and go to example/add then head down the page to the related example (cool!) and click 'add new' and wait for the sub form to generate... if I then click on close, the DIV doesn't fully remove itself...

I'm completely floored by your default design work... the admins generated look better than Rails' activescaffold or Django's

[eluser]ecarsted[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1207122180"]ecarsted, Hmm, that's weird, I can't seem to re-create that problem. Please try to replace the contents of codex/application/views/templates/default/codex_header.php with this code:

Snip...

[/quote]

That Fixed it! TY :-)

Thank you Smile, The white box being left after hitting close was a mistake, but I thought it made sense, so I kept it, it's kind of an indication that you wanted to add something and closed it, so you don't just go "where did it go?"

What do you think?

In response to your first comment: the list I gave was off the top of my head for some long-term decisions. As far as the Interface Builder, it would be fairly simple, allowing you to create pages from your plugins. Really, it would just have a list of thumbnails on the right, and it allows you to drag/drop to arrange your forms.

ecarsted, no problem, i'll update the zip in the next 5 minutes.

Download link has been updated with the bug fix found by ecarsted.

[eluser]cre8tive[/eluser]
Looks good from the demo.

I am having one issue and not sure if it is related to rc11 as I think I had the same issue when I tried installing the older release candidate from your site.

When clicking on related example from the menu, I get redirected to a page that doesn't exist.

This is the link that shows up in the browser

http://www.domain.com/backend.php/?c=cru...ed_example

So in IE I get a 404 error.
In firefox, I get the same output in the header, but in the page I see

No input file specified.

When adding a record, it lets me create related examples below so the database is working and updating. I just can not access it from the main menu.

Thanks

So are you having that issue with the demo?
If not, could you download the latest zip from this forum?
Let me know if the problem persists in the demo.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB