Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher Release Candidate 11

[eluser]cre8tive[/eluser]
Yes I am using the download from this version as well as the one from your site.

I suspect it is some config issue with CodeIgniter. I am new to CI.

What is strange is the other links across the top work in the example.

If I add a new table, it shows up in the menu, but then I will get a similar error for any new table added.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
cre8tive, I can't seem to recreate the problem, I just used the public preview in IE7, Firefox, and Opera, and it seems to be working fine. I think this issue was present in older downloads, but it should be fixed now. What kind of system are you running this on?

No problem.

This particular account is a shared linux hosting account. I run other CI apps no problem. I have a .htaccess file and the only thing in it sets the PHP version to php 5. When I change this back to php 4, your app works no problem.

I have a couple dedicated servers I will put it on later to test for you.

Once I figure out your app completely, I wouldn't mind pitching in to help you write some better documentation and tutorials.

The great docs and video tutorials made me switch over to CI from Cake.

I was trying to learn your system and was trying to figure out the YAML options.

Are these listed anywhere. I see the form options listed in the install guide, but in the video you have some other ones that control page header, validation, etc..

Also, I am receiving an error when I try and implement the validation as in your screencast.

I get these errors:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/codexforms.php

Line Number: 53

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/codexforms.php

Line Number: 55

The first part of My yaml file is:

rules:
date_test: required
general_information:
class: FieldSet
params:
form:
textbox_test:
class: TextBox
checkbox_test:
class: CheckBox
params:
display_name: Hello there
date_test:

Sorry if the questions are dumb. I am just trying to figure out your tool and when I am done I will try and document these features for other.

Yes, apart from any new bugs, the only thing left before the final 2.0 release is documentation.

I can recreate your errors by having a malformed YAML file. First, I believe you're missing a form_setup: before the third line. Also, use spaces instead of tabs. Finally, the checkbox plugin doesn't take a display_name. The way you modify the label for _any_ plugin, is by defining a label: on the same level as your class:

this should fix your issues:

Code:
rules:
  date_test: required
form_setup:
  general_information:
    params:
      form:
        textbox_test:
        checkbox_test:
          class: CheckBox
          label: Hello there

[eluser]tylderdurden[/eluser]
Edit: oops, figured it out. I had $rules = '' which was breaking things.

The indentation is very important,

Code:
general_information:
    params:
      form:
        article_name:
article_info:
    params:
      form:
        article_summary:

[eluser]tylderdurden[/eluser]
When modifying an entry in the database, is it possible to trigger an update in something else first?

I'm thinking in an article context where you trigger a checked out field.

Also, there is the class: Time where you can have a trigger, -on_update.. is there something similar for the date class?

PS: Thanks for this great contrib. Definitely makes things easier! Smile

tylderdurden, well, before, during, and after a record is edited, an event is triggered. If you would like to do something special, then write your own event. I suggest you check out the Khaos :: Event Manage thread for more information.

I don't understand what you mean by the last line, could you expand?

Ok, I've setup the wiki pages for the documentation. If you would like to contribute (Even if for one page), Please PM me with your email, and I will add you to the wiki so you can edit the pages.

Thanks, http://codeextinguisher.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB