Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher Release Candidate 11

[eluser]cre8tive[/eluser]
[quote author="andjules" date="1207268877"]
Quote:Ability to setup CRUDS based on models (which allows you to setup callbacks)
I'm not sure I understand the concept of how it's different than the current iteration... do you mean without having to do .yml definitions of db tables? and how does that affect callbacks? (maybe I'm in over my head...)[/quote]

It is tough to tell what the current version is capable of as you need to dig into the code and see what is there and sort of reverse engineer it. Thats one reason I asked for some more examples then perhaps all of us can help jTaby document it in a more clear manner.

It sure is a very good base of code and has tons of potential.

[eluser]Oren[/eluser]
I have been playing with it for a few days and I really like it!!!!
this is What i would like, if posibly for the release version, hehe.

- The ability to add more fields to the search and to be able to include different tables in the search, this would be amazingly great.

- There's also a problem with the search and the DBDropDown. For example if I am on a table that has a foreign key like the default Example table, I canot search with the proper name of the Related_Example table, instead it searches through the foreign_key id and not the proper field thats being referenced showing in the view called 'name'.

If I encounter something else not working properly or have another suggestion for future release, I will let you know. BTW keep up with the great work!

[eluser]cre8tive[/eluser]
[quote author="Oren" date="1207293678"]I have been playing with it for a few days and I really like it!!!!
this is What i would like, if posibly for the release version, hehe.

- The ability to add more fields to the search and to be able to include different tables in the search, this would be amazingly great.

- There's also a problem with the search and the DBDropDown. For example if I am on a table that has a foreign key like the default Example table, I canot search with the proper name of the Related_Example table, instead it searches through the foreign_key id and not the proper field thats being referenced showing in the view called 'name'.

If I encounter something else not working properly or have another suggestion for future release, I will let you know. BTW keep up with the great work![/quote]

I must have overlooked the search functionality. Is it built in the example or did you find it elsewhere? Just curious as to how it works.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
tylderdurden, You can restrict certain controllers / methods using the access_levels.php file in the config/ directory. You can also restrict what information each user sees in the "Overview" page, by defining table_access_restrictions (alongside your rules..for example). You mentioned that you tried it...but by giving it an access level of 0, you're telling the system that any use whose level is 0 or above, has access to it. Increase the number, to restrict the group of users who have access to it.

As far as your image/plugin inquiry...yes, you define the upload directory as a param...and no, you can't get the upload path from another field..but that would be a specialized form of the File plugin. If you would like, you can write your own and (eventually) upload it to codeextinguisher.com

Finally, the delete confirmation message used to exist in prior builds, when each row in the table had a delete button, but I removed it, since how, you have to check the row, and _then_ click Delete Selected...which should stop you from deleting the wrong record (make sense)? What i'm trying to say is, by making the deletion of a record a 2-step process, i removed the chance of an accidental deletion...and the confirmation message seemed unecessary.

cre8tive, I'm working on docs (if you would like to help, PM me with your email), The permission system is already in place, I just have to make it more user-friendly, and CRUD based on models is on the roadmap Smile

andjules, If the CRUD works off of models, you can define your own callbacks and special handling at the model level. Right now, if you wanted to modify CodeExtinguisher flow, you would have to create a controller...but that would be at the controller level, and isn't ideal/proper oop.

Oren, Both of those are very valid points, the search capability is first-draft (it was only added in RC11). The problems will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it means a lot Smile

[eluser]Oren[/eluser]
- cr8tive: it's built in

- jtaby: wow fast response, another sugestion. I also noticed that it would be great to be able to restrict certain fields from apearing in the search like ID's since they aren't really useful for searches.

Also a client I'm working for wants the "are you sure you want to delete this entry." message, so how can I bring it back, even if it's irrelevant?

Oren, I'm sorry i'm not on my dev machine right now. But I _believe_ that all it takes is to open up codexcontroller.php and edit the delete_action default value from manage/delete, to delete_confirm.

Again, I might be a little rusty on the actual names, but there should be a method in codexcontroller which displays the confirmation message, and you *should* be able to just change the delete_action and take the user there.

[eluser]tylderdurden[/eluser]
Any idea why a ManyToMany type would stop working? It's drawing info from the db fine, but I can't update it at all. Here's the YML file.

Hum - it looks like there is a bug with ManyToMany with fieldsets.

Code:
category_info:
    class: FieldSet
    params:
        form:
            categories:
                class: ManyToMany
                params:
                    display_field: category_name
                    primary_key: category_id

will not work where as this does

Code:
categories:
    class: ManyToMany
    params:
        display_field: category_name
        primary_key: category_id

[eluser]Oren[/eluser]
thanks for the response, I was also wondering if theres a way to display more than one field with the OneToMany class.

tylderdurden, hm, i'll check it out...thanks

Oren, what do you mean? you want it to display more than one field when you're in the form? or in table view?

[eluser]Oren[/eluser]
in the table view.
here's some prety bad mockups I did to demonstrate.
first mockup
and
second mockup

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB