Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Custom Search Engine with CI

[eluser]christophe2[/eluser]
Hello,

Try adding these characters to $config['permitted_uri_chars'] in the config.php file.

Christophe

[eluser]defiant[/eluser]
Thanks christophe,

$config['permitted_uri_chars'] = '& ? a-z 0-9~%.:_+=-';

solved the uri problem. However this time it gives an 404 error. I'm not sure how to add the result page from Google custom search.

So if anyone has already done it? An example would be appreciated

[eluser]christophe2[/eluser]
Can you give us a link to your project ?
I pass my CSE parameters as GET. That's not a problem with Codeigniter because they are used by the Javascript code of Google Search engine.
Christophe

[eluser]demogar[/eluser]
defiant, did you solve this?

[eluser]KaBaDaBrA[/eluser]
I got the same problem, works fine on localhost but online it complains about URI characters...an example string : http://example.com/search?cx=partner-pub....com/sanac

Anyway to get this working properly? Tried permitting additional URI characters but still not working....

[eluser]someoneinomaha[/eluser]
Came across this post because this is something I'm going to have to do with a project of mine.

So I guess I'm just bumping this up to see if anyone has an answer.

[eluser]KaBaDaBrA[/eluser]
Yeah got it working, was a silly problem with GoDaddy servers, had to put a ? in my site_url for it to work. Works perfectly in all my other projects hosted on other servers! x)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Sorry, How do you fix it? And fix at Server or Config Code?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
To solve this problem:
1. you should permit additional characters in the URI;
2. write extend the native Route class.

Read here

[eluser]Stefano G[/eluser]
Guys, the -easy- solution explained in this page worked fine for me Smile

I have used the "mixed" solution as I didn't want to switch to query strings all over the site.

I am going to submit the solution to my client on monday or tuesday, after that I promise I will detail my work to help people not getting mad on it! Big Grin

Stay tuned!

Stefano

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB