Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing: Bonfire - a drop-in admin area

Hi,

I have followed the instructions on Bonfire git repo and created an admin module for managing pages.

Here it is: https://github.com/dgvirtual/bonfire2-pages-module

Features:

• CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) functionality for pages, that have Title, Content (and Excerpt for display in admin interface mainly), Slug and Categories fields;
  • integration with Bonfire 2 admin interface and functionality (Menu, Widgets, Search, Filter, Recycler);
  • full localization (though don't expect too much, Bonfire 2 itself is not yet properly localized);
  • HTMX-powered field validation on the frontend (not available elsewhere in Bonfire 2!);

I hope someone finds it useful. I am also open for suggestions regarding improvement.
==

Donatas G.

I have two suggestions regarding registration screen:

[Image: 7YPDd5pIIMFk.png]

1. Do we really need the username? It seems to not be used at all anywhere in the system. And the common practice now is just to use email as username. Could it be made optional in registration screen? It is anoying to have to create a string that you will not use later.

2. Regarding password doublecheck: a common practice nowadays is to add an eye image to enable user to make the password visible, thus also doing away with the need to enter it twice. Bonfire is rather forgiving regarding forgotten password (there is always a magic link option). So, can we do away with doublechecking? I could implement feature of making password visible using some Alpine.js
==

Donatas G.

I would love a PR for making the password visible. That would be awesome.

The username is a core part of Shield, but can also be adjusted. I would say adhere to the configuration of Shield. I did just take a look and realized we don't have any logic in the view to display/hide the field, based on setting('Auth.validFields') containing username or not. Then on save, if it doesn't want a username, save the username as the email address.

(08-28-2023, 06:30 AM)kilishan Wrote: I would love a PR for making the password visible. That would be awesome.

Great, it is done. See this PR: https://github.com/lonnieezell/Bonfire2/pull/400

and demo here: https://lapas.info/bonfire2/register

(08-28-2023, 06:30 AM)kilishan Wrote: The username is a core part of Shield, but can also be adjusted. I would say adhere to the configuration of Shield. I did just take a look and realized we don't have any logic in the view to display/hide the field, based on setting('Auth.validFields') containing username or not. Then on save, if it doesn't want a username, save the username as the email address.

it looks like the login field does not accept email as login... I will possibly investigate this later; but if you or someone else has more suggestions, they are definitely welcome...
==

Donatas G.

@kilishan 
What is the best structure for design frontend system in bonfire 2?!

(10-29-2023, 03:49 AM)alakian Wrote: @kilishan 

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. There is a theme's folder you can use as a starting off point. The rest depends entirely on what systems you're using.

For me, I like HTMX, Alpine, and TailwindCSS, and have a tendency to use Parcel to take care of building it all. You can see an example of the setup (though it doesn't use Bonfire) in the forum app we're building out.

@alakian Yes, of course, one of the best pre-front end and back end for codeigniter4 is surely bonfire. I have been used with a lots apps and have done amazing task
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 11:22 PM by alakian.)

(10-29-2023, 08:37 PM)kilishan Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 03:49 AM)alakian Wrote: @kilishan 

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. There is a theme's folder you can use as a starting off point. The rest depends entirely on what systems you're using.

For me, I like HTMX, Alpine, and TailwindCSS, and have a tendency to use Parcel to take care of building it all. You can see an example of the setup (though it doesn't use Bonfire) in the forum app we're building out.

My mean is front-end folder structure for controllers, models, etc... . do you think, ie: we need to create two folder for front / back and then put folder / files(controllers, models, ..) into and change bonfire namespaces?! Or You suggest a better way.

@kilishan first of all thank you so much. It's great news

Congratulations on the release of Bonfire! It's an incredible admin area that will undoubtedly be a valuable asset to the CodeIgniter community. The theme/template system, view components, settings library, resource filter system, and Shield authentication system are all impressive features that will make Bonfire a popular choice for developers. I'm particularly excited about the global search feature, recycle bin and cookie consent management. These features will greatly enhance the user experience and make Bonfire even more versatile. Thank you for creating such a powerful and useful tool!

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 12:01 AM by luckmoshy.)

Hi, Bonfire fans!  Recently, I decided to use the Bonfire system to develop my huge interaction admin system. Well, I have done everything, and it is fine. I mean, it works fine. The system has about 47 modules in different locations, but I have faced minor issues, and I would like to know if this is for me or if others have this issue
according to bonfire  Creating an Admin Module: https://github.com/lonnieezell/Bonfire2/..._module.md

I have followed and done exactly my modules but it does not discover my module until I use PSR 4, then all modules work fine See how

in Bonfire 
Code:
Config\Bonfire
PHP Code:
public $appModules = [
    'App\Modules' => APPPATH .'Modules',
//Here, I have put all 40+ modules with qualified namespaces but the app does not work
//...............
]; 

but if I move all those modules to here config\autoload
PHP Code:
public $psr4 = [
        APP_NAMESPACE => APPPATH// For custom app namespace
          'Config'      => APPPATH 'Config',
          //All 40+ bonfire modules work fine

]; 
I know about PSR4 modules but I want Bonfire itself to discover those modules is that or
Am I okay with this, or why bonfire $appModules does not fire my modules?
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB