• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FreakAuth light 1.1 released

[eluser]James McMurray[/eluser]
[quote author="RaZoR LeGaCy" date="1282532228"]I saw it on the net and somewhere in the forums here.
search for "freakauth recoded remember me"[/quote]

It's [email=http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/164743/]here[/email].

RaZoR, you mentioned an issue with multiple db session updates in that thread. Would you mind checking it out and expounding a little on what you meant, or pointing me to a link? Until you'd mentioned it I was unaware that any issue existed (I'm still designing, so never have more than one user logged in at a time and haven't been paying very close attention to the values that go into ci_sessions. Thanks!

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
The db_session writes multiple times to the db. I searched the net and tweaked it a little and came up with a method that updates the db less.

This is a multi-tweak/hack. I take no responsibility as the creator but I believe no one has one similar.

Make a backup of the old db_session and then just replace the old one.

I am open for suggestions/tweaks.

Thanks!

Just got a chance to diff them and see what had changed and I had a few questions, some of which look like possible issues and some of which are just so I can learn. Smile

- Why did you get rid of the check for sess_use_database and sess_table_name? I've got those set so it wouldn't affect me, but it looks like this version might cause some side effects if installed by someone without those two config options set properly.

- Why not use sess_length in sess_send_cookie?

- Why remove the default value of '' from flashdata($key)? It seems likt that could cause problems for someone who forgets to add a key (then again, maybe that was the point Smile )

- Why use "count($parts) === 2" in _flashdata_mark? Given the circumstance, isn't that the same as "count($parts) == 2"?

- I haven't had a chance to test this, and don't even know if it's possible, but it looks like if all of the userdata is new, _flashdata_mark will unset it. Then when _flashdata_sweep runs the array will b empty so no sess_update() will occur, causing the old data to stay in the table and cookie.

All-in-all I like the changes a lot, especially the move to standardized comments, more frequent cleanups, and no unnecessary updates.

[eluser]Shujin[/eluser]
Having a small problem here, my freakauth comes out looking like this:
http://uploadir.com/u/48126c87
http://uploadir.com/u/5b3efc20

Anyone have any idea what wrong?

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
[quote author="James McMurray" date="1283460739"]Just got a chance to diff them and see what had changed and I had a few questions, some of which look like possible issues and some of which are just so I can learn. Smile

- Why did you get rid of the check for sess_use_database and sess_table_name? I've got those set so it wouldn't affect me, but it looks like this version might cause some side effects if installed by someone without those two config options set properly.

- Why not use sess_length in sess_send_cookie?
Will look into this

- Why remove the default value of '' from flashdata($key)? It seems likt that could cause problems for someone who forgets to add a key (then again, maybe that was the point Smile )
Failsafe for empty variable

- Why use "count($parts) === 2" in _flashdata_mark? Given the circumstance, isn't that the same as "count($parts) == 2"?
You could change to ==

- I haven't had a chance to test this, and don't even know if it's possible, but it looks like if all of the userdata is new, _flashdata_mark will unset it. Then when _flashdata_sweep runs the array will b empty so no sess_update() will occur, causing the old data to stay in the table and cookie.
This updates the DB

All-in-all I like the changes a lot, especially the move to standardized comments, more frequent cleanups, and no unnecessary updates.[/quote]

[eluser]Shujin[/eluser]
bump, can anyone help me with my problem?

The first one is part of the installation instructions. If you've got everything set up properly you can go ahead and delete that file. If not, go through the installation instructions with a fine toothed comb and make sure your tables are set up properly, you've created a super user, etc.

The second looks like you've missed a <? somewhere and php code is leaking through.

[eluser]Shujin[/eluser]
Well that's the thing, it's all stock files, no edits, and the second image is the register page for the superadmin...

Check and see if the default files are using <? as the opening tags. If so, and if you've got short opening tags turned off, you'll need to either turn them on or convert them all to <?php.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew