Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Shopping Cart Integration

[eluser]ggoforth[/eluser]
[quote author="Lone" date="1200460966"]
The only standout shopping cart to me is [url=http://www.magentocommerce.com"]Magento[/url] - it truly is a masterpeice when it comes to customisation. But it is still in Beta and to be honest I don't see it going final until the end of this year. Also it's setup is very similar to CI, its open source but built by another company.[/quote]

I've had minimal experience with Magento, but I have tried. At a previous company I contracted with, they were trying to use Magento for their shopping cart. I have never had such a hard time figuring out where files were coming from. The code is so cut up and (to my mind anyway) illogically placed, I couldn't figure out how to make the simplest of changes. Neither could anyone there, so we went a different direction. Magento is incredibly feature rich (so I hear) so you may find what you need, but in my experience, it is a bear to work on if you have to make changes to it's core.

Greg

[eluser]ywftdg[/eluser]
So when is this 2.7.2 with this feature arriving? I was looking at magento, but yeah its a burl and seems the amount of time to tweak it I could build a smaller. faster more custom solution. My client doesn't need a beast like magento, so this 2.7.2 update sounds like a great thing to have and get me back into CI.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
I recently did a custom cart with CI. It is a very simple cart but CI definitely made it easier to crank out. Seems strange to me that CI would include a cart library at all. Not really a "core" module of Web development. But then again CI has a library for calendaring and trackbacks. I think CI needs an a-la-cart installer Smile

[eluser]garaki[/eluser]
How do I get the cart working with the paypal gateway to accept credit cards..

thanks for all the help

[eluser]jcavard[/eluser]
Simply put, you code it yourself.

[eluser]waykay[/eluser]
If you are going to use the CI cart and session class, then you REALLY need to be aware of the potential session problems in IE6. IE6 (and some other versions of IE aparently) don't like session names with an underscore (unfortunately CI's default session name is ci_session). The problem with sessions and the cart class seemed to only happen on a windows server, my apache was fine with IE6, strange??

I searched for two days and luckily there i an easy fix! You need to update 2 files. all in stances of var $sess_cookie_name = 'ci_session'; will need to be 'cisession' (you will alos need to update your ci_session mysql table to cisession)

System/application/config/config.php
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = 'cisession';// default is ci_session
$config['sess_expiration'] = 7200;
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_use_database'] = TRUE;
$config['sess_table_name'] = 'cisessions';// default is ci_session
$config['sess_match_ip'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_match_useragent'] = TRUE;
$config['sess_time_to_update'] = 300;

System/libraries/Session.php
var $sess_cookie_name = 'cisession'; // default is ci_session

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT when using the CART class

when doing add to cart: the name must not have funny characters like quotes or brackets. Otherwise it won't add to cart

[eluser]ci92037[/eluser]
[quote author="BlueYon" date="1203746390"]you could try www.opencart.com[/quote]

Is it fairly straight forward to integrate OpenCart with CI? Or, for that matter, is it easy to integrate Zen Cart or OSCommerce with CI?

Thanks. I'm new to CI

[eluser]Shiro[/eluser]
I tried with CI shopping cart.
One thing I think not really make sense is the insert_cart that function.
Everytime I click on Add to cart insert the item to the cart, the qty part always replace the lastest qty number, but not append.

In real life, when u add to cart, supposedly the qty should be increased. not sure why CI use replace method.

Code:
// Now that we have our unique "row ID", we'll add our cart items to the master array

if(isset($this->_cart_contents[$rowid]))
        {
             $cart_contents = $this->_cart_contents[$rowid];
    }

// let's unset this first, just to make sure our index contains only the data from this submission
        unset($this->_cart_contents[$rowid]);        

// Create a new index with our new row ID
        $this->_cart_contents[$rowid]['rowid'] = $rowid;

// And add the new items to the cart array            
        foreach ($items as $key => $val)
        {
            if($key == 'qty')
            {
                 $this->_cart_contents[$rowid][$key] = $cart_contents['qty'] + $val;
            }
            else
            {
                $this->_cart_contents[$rowid][$key] = $val;
            }

}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB