Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.0 "beta"

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
I just meant the default logs folder. I always found that having an applications log files located in the system folder broke the logic of keeping all of your applications files in the application folder.

It would also be awesome if this bug report could be looked at:
http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/2849/

Mainly because it also causes problems with my Matchbox libraries.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I think that would be a good idea, also do the same for cache. Move them into the application folder. That leaves only CI core files in the system folder.

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Could you have CodeIgniter also swap directory separators to Unix style when using realpath in index.php?

Code:
if (strpos($system_folder, '/') === FALSE)
{
    if (function_exists('realpath') AND @realpath(dirname(__FILE__)) !== FALSE)
    {
        $system_folder = realpath(dirname(__FILE__)).'/'.$system_folder;
    }
}
else
{
    // Swap directory separators to Unix style for consistency
    $system_folder = str_replace("\\", "/", $system_folder);
}

As you can see it only swaps separators when there is no '/' in the given path.

[eluser]shaffick[/eluser]
Hey guys,

my apologies if I missed this somewhere.

I'm going to be starting work on a quite sizeable custom app for a firm and I'll have to start work on it hopefully by the end of January (this month).

Should I wait for the final release of CI 1.6 or starting from 1.5.4 should be ok? I'm leaning more towards starting it from 1.5.4

I know CI always has a nice upgrade manual, but I'm just wondering if there are special functions or functionality involved that would be worth waiting for.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance Smile

-s

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey Shaffick. I'd recommend you start from the 1.6 that's currently available in the svn. The next CI release will be very soon, and its unlikely anything in there will change dramatically.

[eluser]shaffick[/eluser]
Thanks for your super quick reply Derek. I'll grab it off the SVN. Smile

[eluser]murphy2006[/eluser]
Please forgive a SVN newbie. How can I download the new 1.6 from SVN?

Thanks!

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Check this post. That should really be stickied or something.

[eluser]James Gifford[/eluser]
I just tried using the CI 1.6.0 from the svn and I have noticed an unexpected change from 1.5.4.

Before, when I wanted to get the value for the default controller in the routes.php config file I would use the following code:
Code:
$this->uri->router->default_controller

In 1.6.0, this line doesn't work. Upon further checking I discovered there is no "default_controller" property in the CI instance anymore. The uri object is still accessible, but there is no router object to access the routing settings.

Is there a different way to get the default controller in 1.6.0? I notice in the change log there is mention of reorganizing the uri and router classes. How can I access this value?

EDIT: I've compared the old uri class to the new one and I've figured out that the new uri class does not load the router class anymore.

Old uri class constructor:
Code:
function CI_URI()
{
   $this->router =& load_class('Router');    
   log_message('debug', "URI Class Initialized");
}
New uri class constructor
Code:
function CI_URI()
{
   $this->config =& load_class('Config');
   log_message('debug', "URI Class Initialized");
}

The new uri class no longer uses the router class which is why I can't access the default_controller property anymore. It looks like the only place where the router class is used is the Codeigniter.php file.

I don't know if this was intentional or if its a bug, but I need to be able to access the default_controller property. Is there any way to do this now without loading the router class separately?

[eluser]BoltClock[/eluser]
I've been busy with school lately so I didn't see this announcement until today.

Can't wait for the new release! Though I haven't managed to launch my site...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB